99.95 UAI.State ranking tutor:MathsExt2:99,7th/Ext1:98/Chem:98,5th/PDHPE:97,17th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wongy08

HSC
Hi!
I’ve just completed my HSC (in 2008) and I’m currently tutoring for all levels of mathematics, chemistry and physics.

Throughout school, my friends repeatedly asked me for help with tricky questions or asked me to re-explain things when they couldn’t understand a concept - and I loved being able to help them, so that’s why I am tutoring now. I've in previous years, and currently have students doing ext 2 maths.

My HSC results
  • Chemistry: 98, ranked 5th in NSW (I did this as an accelerated subject in ‘07)
  • Maths ext 2: 99, ranked 7th in NSW
  • Maths ext 1: 98
  • English Advanced: 94
  • Physics: 95
  • Modern History: 93
  • PDHPE: 97, ranked 17th in NSW
My other academic achievements
  • I was offered 3 full academic scholarships for high school: to Abbotsleigh (which I attended), PLC, and MLC
  • Received a UAI of 99.95 in the 2008 HSC
  • In 2008, I did the Australian Chemistry Olympiad (AChO) and after being selected for the National Scholar School, I attained a Bronze Medal.
  • At school, I was ranked first in Maths Ext 2, first in Maths Ext 1, first in chemistry, first in PDHPE, second in Physics
  • Throughout secondary school, I excelled in various competitions:
    • Prize winner in the Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, High Distinctions in 2004, 2008
    • High distinctions in
      • RACI Chemistry Quiz
      • Rio Tinto Big Science Competition
      • Mathematics Competition
      • Mathematics challenge and enrichment course
At Uni:
I will be studying at Sydney Uni (2009), doing a combined degree: Bachelor Advanced Scinece/Bacherlor of Medicine.
I am on an outstanding achievement scholarship for the 7 years of this degree.

My resources:
I can offer individual or small group tutoring (~4 people) for maths, chem and phys.

For HSC subjects, I provide comprehensive dot point coverage of the syllabus with access to worksheets and notes, past HSC and trial papers, textbooks and various other resources. I’ll also help you with exam technique, discussing WHAT to include in an answer thus ensuring you can gain the most marks that you can in an exam, even if most people don’t finish the paper (like in ext 2 maths), and also ways to just generally approach the HSC because it really doesn’t have to be stressful.

I know what a difference it can make having a teacher or tutor that you can relate to, and hopefully I can help you out.

Contact
Please email me sarah0wong@gmail.com if you have any other questions

Last edited by a moderator:

snowconesyum

HSC
i can vouch for wongy as a tutor!!!!!!

she is FANTASTIC at explaining concepts, and is the one that got me (as well as several others in our grade!) through certain modules in physics and the entire chemistry syllabus, giving up her time for us!

Extremely patient, insightfully picks up on what you're missing and what pace to move at, not to mention just ridiculously clever. And has beautiful, comprehensive, i-want-to-steal-those notes. Go to her!!

shaon0

HSC
wongy08 said:
Hi!
I’ve just completed my HSC (in 2008) and I’m currently tutoring for all levels of mathematics, chemistry and physics.

Throughout school, my friends repeatedly asked me for help with tricky questions or asked me to re-explain things when they couldn’t understand a concept - and I loved being able to help them, so that’s why I am tutoring now. I've in previous years, and currently have students doing ext 2 maths.

My HSC results
  • Chemistry: 98, ranked 5th in NSW (I did this as an accelerated subject in ‘07)
  • Maths ext 2: 99, ranked 7th in NSW
  • Maths ext 1: 98
  • English Advanced: 94
  • Physics: 95
  • Modern History: 93
  • PDHPE: 97, ranked 17th in NSW
My other academic achievements
  • I was offered 3 full academic scholarships for high school: to Abbotsleigh (which I attended), PLC, and MLC
  • Received a UAI of 99.95 in the 2008 HSC
  • In 2008, I did the Australian Chemistry Olympiad (AChO) and after being selected for the National Scholar School, I attained a Bronze Medal.
  • At school, I was ranked first in Maths Ext 2, first in Maths Ext 1, first in chemistry, first in PDHPE, second in Physics
  • Throughout secondary school, I excelled in various competitions:
    • Prize winner in the Australian Mathematics Competition (AMC) in 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, High Distinctions in 2004, 2008
    • High distinctions in
      • RACI Chemistry Quiz
      • Rio Tinto Big Science Competition
      • Mathematics Competition
      • Mathematics challenge and enrichment course
At Uni:
I will be studying at Sydney Uni (2009), doing a combined degree: Bachelor Advanced Scinece/Bacherlor of Medicine.
I am on an outstanding achievement scholarship for the 7 years of this degree.

My resources:
I can offer individual or small group tutoring (~4 people) for maths, chem and phys.

For HSC subjects, I provide comprehensive dot point coverage of the syllabus with access to worksheets and notes, past HSC and trial papers, textbooks and various other resources. I’ll also help you with exam technique, discussing WHAT to include in an answer thus ensuring you can gain the most marks that you can in an exam, even if most people don’t finish the paper (like in ext 2 maths), and also ways to just generally approach the HSC because it really doesn’t have to be stressful.

I know what a difference it can make having a teacher or tutor that you can relate to, and hopefully I can help you out.

Contact
Please email me sarah0wong@gmail.com if you have any other questions
That's weird. You should've got a UAI of 100.
Congrats on you 99.95.

Last edited by a moderator:

wongy08

HSC
Hi,

Just a quick thing to add, i've had a few queries about if i do PDHPE tutoring.
I'm happy to tutor PDHPE.
PDHPE has a very large syllabus, so it can be difficult to know how to approach study for this subject. I can help you with the right way to approach it so that it doesn't have to be so daunting. as with other subjects, i have dot-point-syllabus-based notes and can share useful study and exam techniques that i used effectively.

And also with regards to where i tutor, I live in the north shore

good luck with all the study!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)