99+ Tutor. 2/3 Unit Math, Chemistry & Physics. 1year+ Experience 8) (1 Viewer)

undalay

HSC
Hey guys, my name's Jimmy and graduated from Fort Street High School in 2008. I'm offering tuition in the following subjects:

Currently accepting HSC2010 students. Holiday crash courses are also available

HSC Subjects:

Mathematics 2u/3u
Not accepting 4u students (although I can teach any specific topics as required)

3unit HSC mark: 98
4unit HSC mark: 96
Internally ranked 1st at Fort Street High School (FSHS) 2008

Chemistry
Attended the national titration competition finals, in which our team came 2nd in the state, and I attained a gold medal (less than 1% error)

HSC mark: 95
Exam mark: 96
Overall 1st at FSHS
Option: Forensic Chemistry.

Physics
HSC mark: 93
Internally 1st at FSHS

Option: Quanta2Quarks

edit: Furthermore I have never recieved tuition in any of the above subjects, so you can be sure I have not rote learn these courses.

Uni Subjects:

Studying Chemical Engineering @ USYD under a scholarship

Currently on a HD average after 1st sem.

Chemistry 1A @ USYD (1001 or 1101):
Mark: 91
Ranked 6th in entire 1st year chemistry cohort (~1700 people)

Experience:

Wide range of experience including:
Many months of peer tutoring during yr 11-12 at FSHS
Private tuition in above subjects over a year since the completion of my HSC.
Have worked at Preuni/James Ann for classes but quit due to timetable clashes etc

Prices:

$30 ph at USYD campus (darlington or camperdown campus)
$30 ph at Ashfield library

$20 ph pp for groups

For other locations; travel costs will be taken into account in the pricing.

Sessions:

Sessions are usually 90 minutes.

Times available on request.

For a enquiry please send a PM or email me at jyou1233@uni.sydney.edu.au
This email account is experiencing technical difficulties. Please post/send me a PM instead.

Why choose a private tutor?
1. Flexibility
Pretty much all coaching colleges and tutoring centres will not teach at the same rate/order of topics as school. This is also a major downside, esp. when you need a brushup on an up and coming exam. If the content is being taught too fast or slow, the student has little power in controling this.

2. Time
In classes, the time of the teacher is divided between many individuals, with a private tutor you get 100% of the time to ask questions, to help you through questions, and to help you advance in any and every way possible.

3. Knowledge
Tutors know their stuff. Tutors have recently done the HSC, so they know how the HSC works. They know what the common exam questions are. They know what you are going to be asked.

Testimonials

hi for those reading and deciding if they should get jimmy to tutor, i highly recommend him. He tutored me for a few months and helped me boost my ranks from like 15th to 4th so I am really grateful. The problem is that i lost his number and been busy lately so couldnt contact him for chem tutoring...

anyways u should all give it a try!
Good stuff, you really do understand Physics =D I'll recommend you to anyone that needs tutoring :)
Jimmy is an awesome boy and an awesome tutor. :]
I remember last year when he tutored me in binomial theorem at Ashfield library.
It was 100% effective, productive and fun.
]

Last edited:

Shtoophy

HSC
N/A
bring up my post, puh-lease

shameless skinny dipping

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
omg finally found your thread... jimmy its michael here from last year. I was wondering wat time are you free in the week? I was wondering if you could go through my study notes with me by syllabus dot points and then start on some of the stuff. I tried to get into contact with you earlier but couldn't find your thread and i lost your number.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)