99+ UAI James Ruse tutor for English and Maths (1 Viewer)

tango0o

HSC
Hello all. I'm offering Tutoring in English (all levels) and Maths (all levels). I graduated from James Ruse Agricultural High School in 2008 with a UAI of 99.2. Here are the marks for the subjects in which i offer tutoring:

English

Advanced English: 95

Area of Study - Journeys: Poems by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Module A - Comparative Studies of texts and contexts: Emma by Jane Austen and Clueless directed by Amy Heckerling
Module B - Critical study of text and context: The tragedy of King Lear by William Shakespeare
Module C - Truth and Representation: Frontline created by Rob Sitch et al

Extension 1 English: 47/50

Module - Texts and ways of thinking: Individual and Society - 19th century society. Texts: Poems by Robert Browning, North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell, A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen

Although my Area of Study was the concept of 'Journeys', I am familiar with the texts studied in the new Area of Study: Belonging. Moreover, I am well versed in a plethora of other texts, both prescribed and related also being learned in all forms of extended responses. My approach to English tutoring will obviously be different according to each level. Nevertheless, I endeavour to cater to personal needs and desires and, hence, truly improve one's ability to critically analyse texts and respond to questions in a sophisticated and formal manner. Goals are very important and I believe that personally catered tutoring and one to one interaction is key to improving anyone's English.

Maths

Extension 1 Maths: 94

Extension 2 Maths: 93

A good foundation in maths is extremely important. As mentioned in my approach to English tutoring, one to one interaction is just as important in the study of mathematics. Prepared lessons which adhere to personal desires and needs are crucial to a thorough understanding of mathematical topics rather than mechanically applying formulas to questions. Ultimately, this gives students the flexibility of tackling harder mathematical problems in the future.

Location and rates are negotiable, please send me a pm.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Last edited:

peterayre

HSC
tango0o has helped me throughout my hsc in english & maths; it is not only her control of the english language but also the depth of knowledge of HSC texts that has aided me on my path to success +rep

nicholassaw

HSC
Hello I am interested in tutoring for year 11 mathematics and i live in North Sydney. I was wondering how much your tutoring is and how we could arrange travel/sessions.

you can email me on nick.saw@hotmail.com

I would like start quite soon as i am falling behind already due to some basic things i did not grasp properly last year.

Help would be appreciated
Thankyou,
Nick:D

George121

HSC
hi, i'm interested in year 12 tutoring for advanced english
please email me at georgie_antoun@hotmail.com
if you are unable to tutor please refer me to someone who may be able to, as i urgently need a tutor :)

achung2

HSC
are you still tutoring? if yes, can you give me your contact phone number? I need English tutoring, possible Math as well.

Albert Chung

premskies

HSC
Hey, I'm interested in both 2/3U maths and adv english tuition.
Would you be able to email me your rates and location where you are able to tutor on prsl95@hotmail.com
Thanks!

Izaak_99

HSC
N/A
I am looking for an English Tutor for my son, who is completing his HSC year 12 in 2017. If you are still tutoring for English please email me at otees.9@gmail.com. Also, please let me know your rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)