A 3U forum for 4U students (1 Viewer)

desert fox

HSC
Wow that was a lot harder then four unit comparitively.

four unit was easier than past yrs and this was harder than previous

expecting 80+% raw mark for both. i mean come on shouldnt it be 80 and 90%

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Well at least it balances out with a harder + easier exam. :p

lisraeli

HSC
I guess it'll get scaled. That was 100x harder comparitively, i might get a higher raw 4U mark then 3u!. both about 80-82% though

Lions_Fist

HSC
Didn't get to question 7 at all, even though I rushed through everything at the start and had finished about a third of question 5 by the halfway mark... I feel confident about what I attempted though, so I'd say about 84-85% raw mark there. Though I didn't like the ext 2 paper much either, though I think I attempted about 5.5/8 questions there (that's taking out parts left from previous questions), and missed question 8 there completely :p

Overall: Easy content wise, but too damn long.

yy

HSC
N/A
i thought the Q7 was easier than previous years, but overall much harder, i even have to think for Q1, and couldn't do the parallel thing for circle in Q3.

i sort of expected it to be harder since 4U was so easy, but it still shocked me

Havok

Exclusive Member
HSC
that was terrible! the worst 3 unit test ever!

i went in so confident, expecting losing max 8 marks, supposedly from q7.
instead i started screwing up at q5, and wtf was q6. if only i had more time, i did q7 at home- its so easy. damn it!

yea 4u was easier than previous but this 3u was disgusting. they were all like the hardest possible of each type - 2006 standards.

uai went down to like - 90 max now. supposed to rape maths instead got anal-ed back real bad

switchfootfan

HSC
this was much harder than ext 2 comparitively. i didn't like either cause i never finish. ie i go too slow thus loosing even more marks than usual for this test. no one at my school liked it at all........

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
haven't done any past papers, but that was harder than most trials I've done :worried:

toadstooltown

1337 }{4><
HSC
N/A
I'm thinking raw for 3u 88%, raw for 4u 80%. The 3u exam wasn't *that* hard it's just that it had a lot of tricky and laborious algebra which made everything take long and made me rush at the end. Made a few stupid mistakes like subbing in the values in 5c)ii) wrong and completely fudging end of 6c)iii) and iv). 4u was much much better than I thought with nothing 'omgwtf!' but again it was the time consuming aspect.

I think, at least, that maybe there's been a trend for maths to set the papers so they don't go from rediculously easy to extremely hard but from okay up to quite difficult so the people who don't know much can't do anything but those who understand can do almost all of it, provided they have the time. Oh well

P

pLuvia

4u was much easier than the 3u, but yeh there has to be a harder test

desert fox

HSC
well q7 (probs got 12/12) was easier then 6. the projectiles sucked. and couldn't even get n=1 for induction (that was probs just an oversight... hopefully :confused:)

CheekyPunk

HSC
Of course, 3u has to be hard, cause you have 4u ppl doing it. If it were only 3u standard, then lots of 4u ppl would cane it.

In comparison, 3u was harder for sure, however, i think my raw 3u will be more than my raw 4u.

Q7 i think i did ok actually.
Projectile in 6, whatever *skip*

hoping for 75% raw

watkinzez

HSC
That was really my type of exam. I like being given the formulas and such, expected to work more with numbers and calculations.
Challenging, but everyone saying it was a bitch made me feel that much better.

jec sandy

HSC
i found the 4u quite easy comparative to other years... but didnt find this 3u paper so much harder than, say, 2004? like, 2005 was easy.. but i had the time this year and cud do most of it apart from shocking algebra. no one else seemed to like it tho... 4u was alright apart from the bloody qs i didnt read properly!! def expecting higher raw mark in 3u tho.

veeron88

HSC
well i'd have to agree with the whole 'not having enough time'. The questions were kind of expected I guess. Aiming above 70/84 (as im sure we all are) but im glad that i did well in the trials and through out the year (mark 95)
as for 4u, i reckon i prob could have done the majority of the questions if i had about another, let's say, 30 mins?

Last edited:

majibow

HSC
man it was an easy test i was really happy with it

i was just really unhappy with my performance my god i even stuffed up 1 e and said it was only + 16 and not -16 to cause i thought it was a porabola

i recon about shit 40-50 out of 84 for my raw mark for 3unit and maybe 55-65/120 for 4 unit

gamecw

HSC
majibow said:
man it was an easy test i was really happy with it

i recon about shit 40-50 out of 84 for my raw mark for 3unit and maybe 55-65/120 for 4 unit
contradiction, most ppl getin 70+ still thought the exam was hard lol

Naylyn

HSC
I found both of them hard, though I expected 4u to be hard and the 3u paper was crazy though not quite as hard as my trial.
I'd say that my raw mark will be somewhere in between 60 and 70 in both, I doubt it will be better than that but there is always hard.

I'm not sure how to compare the two, so I wont.

majibow

HSC
gamecw said:
contradiction, most ppl getin 70+ still thought the exam was hard lol
i took the paper home and re did it in 45 minutes for a confident 100% it really was an easy test i just cracked in the exam and wasted like 20 minutes on like circle geom and question 4 c ... so much wasted time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)