a b scans (1 Viewer)

kheir

HSC
where are A B and sector scans used i wnt actual places or examples plz

juice

A-scan (amplitude mode)
this mode is only used to measure the size and distance to internal organs or for detailed measurements of the eye. It is rarely used.

dunno if this helps. . . .???

skazmonger

Crunch!
HSC
juice said:
A-scan (amplitude mode)
this mode is only used to measure the size and distance to internal organs or for detailed measurements of the eye. It is rarely used.

dunno if this helps. . . .???
That's right. And B (brightness scan) is basically the same thing as an A scan, except that a computer turns the ultrasound it receives into a series of greyscale dots. i.e. big amplitude=brighter dot.
You take a series of these scans in slightly different directions and piece them together to get an image. My txtbk says you can do foetal ultrasounds this way, but I'd say it's a bloody complicated way to do it, maybe pretty uncommon? Maybe they're used for sports injuries, knees, ligaments and all that stuff?

Phase/Sector scans they're like a bunch of B-scans all going off next to each other; to look at babies in utero, kidneys, lungs, liver... anything you want I guess and where you want to get a bigger picture.

Hope I haven't been bullshitting too much...

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
I love that movie Fight Club

really shook me up. almost as impressed as the first time i saw Pulp Fiction

LeeScoresby

Lungs

You can't use ultrasound in lungs because the acoustic impedance between air and soft tissue is too great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)