A Bit Of Help...the meaning of a word within a dance context (1 Viewer)

Jazzerina

HSC
I am doing an assignment for dance and we have been asked to describe the concept of our dance. Obviously nobody could help me with that but I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what concept means within a dance context and how I could write about the concept of the dance. I reall have no idea....please help

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Ideas, thoughts behind what you meant the dance to be about.
Concept- meaning, the same way it would within a dance context or not!
You'll need to pull apart your process. Explain how you came across your ideas, and what it really means. How you show it through your movments, and music- how you want it to look. What you mean the audience to feel and see, when they watch it (well, teh examiners really)

Jazzerina

HSC
Thanks heaps. I wasn't really sure as our hasn't really mentioned it before and now it has popped up in our assignment. She said it had to be really creative so I pulled it apart and wrote the whole thing in a narrative form that explains what people are feeling while watching our dance. Its a bit confusing to explain. Here's the first paragraph is it ok:

You’re sitting in a dark black theatre, waiting for a dance film to start. The screen goes black and the music begins. But it’s not that funky pop tune you were expecting, not even that hip hop song you heard on the radio. Instead it’s a creepy piece of music that sends shivers down your spine. You get scared – what is this film about? You start to relax – maybe it’s just a technical problem. But then you see a light on the screen – it’s an eerie light shining in the dark. Then something moves. Then it moves again. And then you notice the spiders on screen. They’re crawling everywhere trying to get on top of each other but still all in a circle. You scream – this isn’t what you had expected to see!

Thanks again
Jazzerina xoxo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)