• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A call to bass players. (1 Viewer)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
For all of you bass players out there, what bass lines do you enjoy jamming out to the most?

I've been playing to a lot of Level 42 (Mr Pink), Dream Theater (Erotomania) and Bootsy/Parliament (stretchin' out/ mothership connection) lately. Oh, and if you can think of any, what are some good slap bass tracks (I'm looking for something tough to figure out eg. Mr Pink by Level 42 but not virtuoso).

HSC
Joy Division have good bass lines and some of the Beatles songs are quite good, namely Day Tripper and Old Brown Shoe, as well as some of London Calling's songs which mostly have good bass lines

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
i heard the bass player from my band play some awesome 'vic wooten' shit...lots of slap...id say he is virtuoso though...lol...if you like chili peppers, cant stop is a great bass slap riff to work out...

G

Gavvvvvin

Im only a newb to bass...Ive just been trying to learn some chilli peppers/rancid songs. Slapping and popping random octaves is fun too :p

Last edited by a moderator:

teenie

HSC
chilli peppers is a great start, soooo fun for slapping n popping, i love it, and they were the band who inspired me to play bass... hehe! ummm when playing bass i go for songs that i like listening to, not really for their bass lines, however this doesnt mean they're gay... ummmmm im a sucker for OLD silverchair, queens of the stoneage mainly anything rock preferably hard rock but my fav stuff is punk and screamo... :D

HSC
i'm too cheap to actually buy a bass, but i like to play bass parts of songs on my guitar when i get bored. just off the top of my head ..
no doubt - sunday morning (actually most no doubt. if you can't play 'hella good', you need to reconsider if bass is really up your alley, hahah, its dead easy)
afi - days of the phoenix (again, most earlier afi stuff has really badass bass parts)
mxpx - chick magnet
pennywise - bro hymn
the ataris - giving up on love

G

Gavvvvvin

katietheskatie said:
i'm too cheap to actually buy a bass, but i like to play bass parts of songs on my guitar when i get bored. just off the top of my head ..
no doubt - sunday morning (actually most no doubt. if you can't play 'hella good', you need to reconsider if bass is really up your alley, hahah, its dead easy)
afi - days of the phoenix (again, most earlier afi stuff has really badass bass parts)
mxpx - chick magnet
pennywise - bro hymn
the ataris - giving up on love
Sacrafice Theory has a badass bassline.

Jazz Man Tim

Cannonball
HSC
higher ground by chilli peppers is always a good one.
also
around the world :)

and for somehting different yet challanging maybe :D
Billies Bounce by Charlie Parker :):)

artfag

Banned
HSC
stetsasonic - talkin' all that jazz
stone roses - fool's gold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)