A Clockwork Orange appreciation (1 Viewer)

kittycat552

How awesome is this movie! Stanley Kubrick is such a genius and i believe this is his best work. It is such a disturbing movie of social commentary and i love it for it's obscurity.

The rape scenes and ultra-violence were especially disturbing. The brainwashing scenes are excellent... how classic is The Simpsons where it features santa's little helper with his eyes being held open to brainwash him and stop his bad behavious...

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Yea, its one of those rare cases of a pop icon being art. The Bealtes are like that in a way.

I love the film though. Its got its own striking visual and audio asthetic, but the film itself is perfectly paced and written. The film never gets boring or unstimulating.

HSC
Grobus said:
Yea, its one of those rare cases of a pop icon being art. The Bealtes are like that in a way.

I love the film though. Its got its own striking visual and audio asthetic, but the film itself is perfectly paced and written. The film never gets boring or unstimulating.
too bad it was actually a book first.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
yeah it was a mad movie, i just loved how every thing that they did in the movie always seemed normal

Hippy La-Laa

Stupid Pixie.
HSC
I found it quite difficult to watch because of the level of violence, but really enojyed the film overall.

Killer soundtrack too. :D

gibbo67

HSC
a clockwork orange in my mind rates as the best of the kubrick movies (even ahead of dr. strangelove and FMJ), it has a pretty unique plot, despite the graphic violence; definitely one to rent from the video store if you missed it on SBS last year in the kubrick season

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
bowman said:
yeah it was a mad movie, i just loved how every thing that they did in the movie always seemed normal
know what u mean

i love that scene when he tries to come home and the guy living in his old room tells him to piss off for all the grief he has caused his parents.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh the movie is excellent. what u didnt know about it , the slang used in the movie eg "moloko" the bar where they drank that energy drink and all the other words are russian words. i am russian my self and didnt even pick up on it umtil i watched the movie for ther second time. "droogies" means friends in russian so when alex uses that word on his gang members thats what it means. oh and "devochka" means girl. the pronansiation is bad.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
mcdickpants 2.5 said:
too bad it was actually a book first.
Thats no reason to rat on a film. There is a real art to converting a book into a screenplay. Different things work with differently on each medium. Take the LOTR films - they managed to strike a perfect balance of bringing out a story faithfully to the book but also changing it enough to make it play as a cohesive film.

Miss Wendy

HSC
God that is a great movie.

But I have to say that I prefered the book. Burgess is a bloody genius.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)