A Clockwork Orange (1 Viewer)

choiguitar

HSC
I'm thinking of doing A Clockwork Orange for my imaginative journey, do you think it's bad idea? because the novel/film is very foul, especially the raping scene.
However it does involve a journey of the main character to get rid of his ultra violence.

I just want people's opinion on this text.

Oh.. my English class is doing, The Witness staring Harrison Ford as a prescribed text

Last edited:

cupid4u

HSC
Im am doing clockwork, but its very hard and you can only superficially relate it to journeys... e.g the main does go through a journey. but thats about all their is to relate to journeys.
Or maybe i just didnyt study it enough. you need to put in lots of cinematography techniques.
I
am changing mine to requiem for a dream. i found it easier because theirs lots of camera techniques and 3 interlinked journeys.

both texts are quite gritty in content... but it ultimatly doesnt matter, it works in your favour more. because the texts need more analysing and deeper meaning.

and if i have to do 2, ill do both. despite the fact they are both films....

ahhh 1 day left and i have changed related texts.

maybe clockwork isnt that recommended. I never found many resources on it, but i found lots for requiem.

cupid4u

HSC
Im am doing clockwork, but its very hard and you can only superficially relate it to journeys... e.g the main does go through a journey. but thats about all their is to relate to journeys.
Or maybe i just didnyt study it enough. you need to put in lots of cinematography techniques.
I
am changing mine to requiem for a dream. i found it easier because theirs lots of camera techniques and 3 interlinked journeys.

both texts are quite gritty in content... but it ultimatly doesnt matter, it works in your favour more. because the texts need more analysing and deeper meaning.

and if i have to do 2, ill do both. despite the fact they are both films....

ahhh 1 day left and i have changed related texts.

maybe clockwork isnt that recommended. I never found many resources on it, but i found lots for requiem.

bango skank

HSC
the charicture is not the only one who has to go on the jouiney
one could talk about how the movie reflects apon the decadence of modern life etc and took you on an I-J and gave you a better understanding of our soceity?

or am i bullshitting?

flick7

HSC
Clockwork Orange would be hard, there are only a few scenes which would be 'easy' to write about, when Alex is being forced to watch scenes is the only one that springs to mind...
I wanted to do it as well, but I think I'm going to join you in doing Requiem for a Dream...or possibly Science of Sleep

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Slooshy here now dear brother, you are too timid. Make up your rasoodocks and run with your guttiwuts!

jessica.ann

HSC
Clockwork could b interesting..

im doin either, fight club, donnie darko, memento, or fear and loathing in las vegas

along with alice in wonderland and imagine by john lennon..

which film should i choose??? imaginitive journeys....
perscribed text.. coleridge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)