a couple of questions on burhan gemikonakli (1 Viewer)

triksta

triksta
HSC
N/A
hey everyone, i have little class research task on chemists and i chose to do burhan because he seems very well known.
so heres what i have to find out:

1. The name of the company where they work and what is being produced and tested
2. The branch or branches of chemistry undertaken by the chemist
3. How they were trained for that occupation
4. Explain a chemical principle that the chemist frequently uses
5. How they work collaboratively with other chemists

I currently have 1,2 and 4 covered pretty well, yet i havent found anything on 3 and 5. Could somebody please assist me? Any information would be appreciated :) oh and if anyone has pictures of the guy, could i please have them as well coz im suppose to be doing a poster

thx ppls

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have a few points for part 5, extrapolated from Conquering Chemistry 3rd Edition:
  • Burhan collaborates with process engineers at the cracking furnace to adjust operating conditions in order to optimise product yields.
  • Burhan trains shift workers in the use of the instruments, particularly the ones that he calibrates for use.
  • Burhan works with other skilled chemists to perform regular routine monitoring, check on its reliability, solve problems that occur, and develop new procedures as circumstances or operating conditions change.

Actually, we could probably deduce from the second point that Burhan himself was probably trained on-the-job when he first started out as an analytical chemist.

Hope that helps, anyone else feel free to add.

P.S Googling "Burhan" yielded threads from this very forum! :rofl:

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
Riviet said:
I have a few points for part 5, extrapolated from Conquering Chemistry 3rd Edition:
  • Burhan collaborates with process engineers at the cracking furnace to adjust operating conditions in order to optimise product yields.
  • Burhan trains shift workers in the use of the instruments, particularly the ones that he calibrates for use.
  • Burhan works with other skilled chemists to perform regular routine monitoring, check on its reliability, solve problems that occur, and develop new procedures as circumstances or operating conditions change.

Actually, we could probably deduce from the second point that Burhan himself was probably trained on-the-job when he first started out as an analytical chemist.

Hope that helps, anyone else feel free to add.

P.S Googling "Burhan" yielded threads from this very forum! :rofl:

I'll never forget Burhan. :p

triksta

triksta
HSC
N/A
thanks soooo much!! that info was very helpful :)

now all thats left to go is a picture XD

Riviet

HSC
N/A

Haha, here's a picture of him from Conquering Chemistry 3rd edition. Scanned it in for you. Enjoy! :D

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
Riviet said:

Haha, here's a picture of him from Conquering Chemistry 3rd edition. Scanned it in for you. Enjoy! :D
ROFL. You scanned the photo!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
The Chem Syllabus also requires you to do the same for a FEMALE Scientist! Check the chem OUTCOMES. Its a tricky point that they put in to slip up everyone!

Imagine if they asked in the HSC for you to do it on a Female. Everyone'll pretend Burhan was a female..... lol.. poor guy.

SunshineBee

HSC
N/A
yeah i noticed that
does anyone know a female chemist because i cant see to find any information on one yet and i need one for my assignment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)