a day in the life of an anu student (1 Viewer)

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
France was fully entitled to impose a hash Versailles Treaty on Germany, especially since the Hun pillaged all of northern France.

The Locarno Treaty made everyone happy and loving exept hardcore spastic German rightists.

Sorry cb. What have you done these holidays? I was in Campbelltown libraray today. After library I took a stroll along the centre-ville and saw a guy spewing in the gutter. Like, spewing from the pavement into the gutter. I thought it was just some cultural practice of one of the ethnic minorities, but no, it was just spew. The Campbelltown experience.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
(in hindsight, it was a bad idea. take it from the man :p)

sounds like a cultural experience and a half! speaking of cultural experiences (or not), the ANU is so bubbling with cultural diversity it's primed to boil over and explode in a big way!!! weee! the FUNNEST EVER!

Vote 1 ANU! WOOOO!
(uh... tim... noone is voting, you just want them to apply)
oh, right! ANU PREFERENCE NUMBER ONE! all the way guys! we'll kick sydney's ass!!!
(uhh... tim... we're not strictly against anyone... and even if we were... we try to be mature and discrete about it all)
oh..... right..... well... -cough- in a recent independent study, the ANU has been ranked 16th in the world. it is the *only* australian university to place in the top fifty (?) making it Australia's number one up and coming university.
^_^

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
leetom said:
France was fully entitled to impose a hash Versailles Treaty on Germany, especially since the Hun pillaged all of northern France.

The Locarno Treaty made everyone happy and loving exept hardcore spastic German rightists.

Sorry cb. What have you done these holidays? I was in Campbelltown libraray today. After library I took a stroll along the centre-ville and saw a guy spewing in the gutter. Like, spewing from the pavement into the gutter. I thought it was just some cultural practice of one of the ethnic minorities, but no, it was just spew. The Campbelltown experience.
hey tommy boyyyy
yeah but it wasnt harsh enough to prevent a rebirth of german power, but it did produce a lot of resentment from the german people, a factor in the rise of hitler :)

um I've been studying :( I dropped french, how terrible. what no more midnight jogs in your underwear :p

rach_neale

HSC
tWiStEdD said:
the day varies from day to day (SHOCK HORROR!) and from student to student (am i surprising anyone yet?... no? fucken hell... grrR)

LAW!!! MINE!!! hahahah. i love it. fiona is a dullard... but she gyms... and that makes her uberly cool! (just like me!!!) a law student is socially active, arguementative, talkative, intellectual and inspirational. we're fucken awesome. we're elitists and we hang out mainly with other law students.
dude get your dick out of your hand, after reading this wank i wanted to vomit. your not intellectual or inspirational and certainly not elite. you havent even passed a subject at uni yet!

most law students (especially first year college ones) are bitchy, egocentric and boring and i should know i live burgmann home of the arts law student.

If you wanted to summarise how people act based on degree at ANU i would go

Arts (non IR)- dont know many couldnt say
Arts (IR) - see law

Med/post grads - these are really cool people I have never meet a boring post grad, always have a smile of there face.

Science - Im a science student so any comment will be bias. can often be found in the hancock basement, the coolest basment in the world

Engineering students - The "fake" scientists hehe, nah there always up for a party even with their massive workload. cool guys.

Law students - turn everything into a competion, will bring up the fact they do law every 30 seconds. as original poster says generally a closed loop.

Commerce - Why the fuck do they all complain about stats it is not hard, A STATS 1001 IS THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR OF MATHMATICAL SUBJECTS AT ANU AND IS NOT A CHALLENGE GET OVER IT. sorry i could think of anything to describe commerce students.

edit: Ooops I normally post here under the name:

CHEESEGRATER

but looks like my sister has joined BOS scince I left, (no wonder i didnt have to log in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yes. Law is ego-crushing, but pols makes up for that easy.

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
poor cheesy... she clearly didnt catch the light-heartedness of my post :(
praps she just wishes she did law... -wipes away tear- its so sad....

clearly she took it upon herself to do a more serious summary.
in my opinion... burgmanners are mainly tight-asses anyway.. no wonder you couldnt just laugh and enjoy my day in the life.... relax champ... relax...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I enjoy law. I hate Arts except languages. I think that languages should come under their own degree like a B Languages, it should not be mixed in with BS like politics (which I don't like), philosophy (which I don't do but I see many people doing it and it looks like the biggest load of wank ever) and other meaningless subjects where not handing in assignments means a maximum penalty of 1%/day. WHAT THE FUCK?! 1%/day! I'm not very impressed with that considering I handed my crap in the day it was due, whilst other lazy shits at my college left it for a week and lost only 7%.

On the upside, I don't really see what the big deal about law is either - besides the UAI. Other people, particularly engineers and science people, have a shitload more work to do and a shitload more hours per week. Law actually is pretty easy and relatively unimpressive.

I wish I could have done a B Languages/Law sort of thing. Then had my left over units from Languages allowing me to do Commerce type things. It's lame that when you do a combined degree you can only choose subjects from that degree whereas if you do straight Arts you can choose a major from another degree (e.g. Economics). Whinge whinge I wanted to do Macro and Micro :(.

End rant.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
rachel_neale said:
Commerce - Why the fuck do they all complain about stats it is not hard, A STATS 1001 IS THE LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR OF MATHMATICAL SUBJECTS AT ANU AND IS NOT A CHALLENGE GET OVER IT. sorry i could think of anything to describe commerce students.
wtf!? how can you complain about that? i could do that crap with my eyes closed. I'm doing stat2001 and its fucking insane shit! You haven't experienced hell until you've done that unit.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ziff said:
I enjoy law. I hate Arts except languages. I think that languages should come under their own degree like a B Languages, it should not be mixed in with BS like politics (which I don't like), philosophy (which I don't do but I see many people doing it and it looks like the biggest load of wank ever) and other meaningless subjects where not handing in assignments means a maximum penalty of 1%/day. WHAT THE FUCK?! 1%/day! I'm not very impressed with that considering I handed my crap in the day it was due, whilst other lazy shits at my college left it for a week and lost only 7%.

On the upside, I don't really see what the big deal about law is either - besides the UAI. Other people, particularly engineers and science people, have a shitload more work to do and a shitload more hours per week. Law actually is pretty easy and relatively unimpressive.

I wish I could have done a B Languages/Law sort of thing. Then had my left over units from Languages allowing me to do Commerce type things. It's lame that when you do a combined degree you can only choose subjects from that degree whereas if you do straight Arts you can choose a major from another degree (e.g. Economics). Whinge whinge I wanted to do Macro and Micro :(.

End rant.
IR is basically B Lang, you can dip into either Asian or European languages. If you go Arts/Asian Studies you can do double dip as well...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Doesn't help me because I want to do law :p

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Haha. Perceptive observation about phil.

Abu Ghurayb

Banned
HSC
N/A
Sucked in to you all, I only have 11 contact hrs a week, and I'm not even doing all the required units this semester, so I'm only going 6.
Ooohhh yeah.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
rumour said:
:eek: Why oh why? :eek:

EDIT:
Does anyone know where we can get the exam timetable from?
timetable.anu.edu.au :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Funniest/stupidest thing about social science courses is that you loose 2% per day and 2% per weekend. Logically a weekend is worth 4% or even more.

Pfft social science courses are good though - so easy.

As far as micro and macro go, they're fine but only nutcases like EMET.

rumour

HSC
addymac said:
Funniest/stupidest thing about social science courses is that you loose 2% per day and 2% per weekend. Logically a weekend is worth 4% or even more.

Pfft social science courses are good though - so easy.

As far as micro and macro go, they're fine but only nutcases like EMET.
Hey!

I like EMET- better than Micro and I heard that we get to use scientific calculators next year......finally!

I finally found it....damn weekend exams :(!!!!!!!!!!

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Ziff said:
Doesn't help me because I want to do law :p
shut up christian, you do law.
to other dude,
not all law people are like that, I'm sure.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Ziff said:
Whinge whinge I wanted to do Macro and Micro :(.
OMG.... havent talked to you for ages but STFU. Micro is the bane of my existance and to hear you say that *gets out chainsaw* :chainsaw:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)