A few questions about med.. (1 Viewer)

jono89

HSC
Hey i have a few questions about medicine as i am unable to make my mind up about it yet.
1. How is the medicine course at newcastle.
2. What is the workload like (in hours) including the amount of study you do each week.
3. can u actually have a social life afterwards??
4. how expensive are textbooks and lab fees etc. (on average per year??)

any help would be muchly appreciated. Thanks heaps,
Jono

scandal

HSC
1. How is the medicine course at newcastle.

I dont think you can make a call that it is worse than anywhere else. they seem to have the best course design because they have had the longest time to fix up their problems unlike unsw.

2. What is the workload like (in hours) including the amount of study you do each week.

This is completely dependent on whats happening (exams) and how dedicated you are. On average, a few hours a night (2). During exam time, up to 10 hours a day if u want to do really well.

3. can u actually have a social life afterwards??

course u can. again dpends on how much of an effort you make

4. how expensive are textbooks and lab fees etc. (on average per year??)

biggest cost was first year - about 2 grand. since then have only bought a couple of books - still using the others

aussiechica7

HSC
Lucinda do u have any evidence to back that up or are you just frustrated because your med course is famous for necrophilia?

Yay for Newc, the first Aussie uni to introduce PBL, the UMAT, and a range of other things that UNSW have since copied.

sladehk

le random
HSC
ppl say bbalbalbalblal uni is better that this other one but when you come to think about it- med isn't really like other courses like commerce where the rep is majorly important. but if you happen to be reallly sensitive, itll be unws, usyd, melb > newcastle, uws, etc

but UWS rulez

aussiechica7

HSC
guys... i was jk... should have put a :p in there somewhere.

tbh i resented hearing "Really, it's the same elsewhere, just reputedly worse than Med at anywhere else" even with the concession "not that it is, in reality".

apologies lucid about mistaking your name.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)