A few questions (1 Viewer)

blah

I am blah
HSC
Firstly is gened hard?

For this semester I want to do gened instead of a free elective.But the thing is I don't know whether I should just do one or two to make it 6uoc. If I do two I will have 24uoc but 7 subjects. They are

COMP1721 Higher Computing 1B
INFS1611 Requirements Engineering
MATH2400 Finite Mathematics
SENG1010 Software Engineering Workshop 1A
SENG1020 Software Engineering Workshop 1B
gened
gened

would that be too much?

And lastly does liability mean fees? So we have to pay fees every semester ?

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
Is there an actual elective that you can choose for seng on the second sem?

I was mailing ken if I can underload, because i want to transfer, but not sure to what yet..

as far as I know, you can only do gen-eds (dont know any electives), unless you're doing combined seng? I think i just got a bit out of date though..

sunny

meh.
HSC
blah said:
Firstly is gened hard?

For this semester I want to do gened instead of a free elective.But the thing is I don't know whether I should just do one or two to make it 6uoc. If I do two I will have 24uoc but 7 subjects. They are

COMP1721 Higher Computing 1B
INFS1611 Requirements Engineering
MATH2400 Finite Mathematics
SENG1010 Software Engineering Workshop 1A
SENG1020 Software Engineering Workshop 1B
gened
gened

would that be too much?

And lastly does liability mean fees? So we have to pay fees every semester ?

Yep liability = fees. Yes you pay fees every semester. Depending on what HECS option you picked you will pay different amounts. Though you will always pay at least $200ish for the student activity fees.

Are you sure you are even allowed to do gen eds instead of your free electives? McLake can probably confirm this, but I'm under the impression SENG free electives must be chosen from this list (see http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/seng/)

underthesun said:
Is there an actual elective that you can choose for seng on the second sem?
Yes. http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad/programs/SENGA13648.html

MuSaRuRWa

u get 2 electives n 2 geneds for a sinlge deg for seng. uts, if u wanna transfer to combined, just do a commerce subj for ur elective. thats what i had done. i suggest microecon over acct 1a. :)

underthesun

N1NJ4
HSC
i suggest microecon over acct 1a.
oh, how come?

Im still thinking on what degree to combine to, there's just so many choices, so little time to choose. Actually, im in the process of mailing ken robinson asking whether underloading to 18UOC (not doing elective) is allright..

what do you think?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Yes, some gen ed is hard - med ones in winter session. But if you choose the ones you like, even though it would be hard, you can still manage.
Gen ed is usually 2 hours a week, so it won't be too bad even though if you are going to do 2 of them.

MuSaRuRWa

UTS, dont underload and waste ur semester. if ure unsure n what to combine with, u are free to do one of ur 'professional seng electives' this semester.
i got a friend who did infs2603 (sys analysis) in sem 2 of 1st yr, wheras the rest of us did it in sem 1 2nd yr. that way, u dont fall behind ...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
sunny said:
Are you sure you are even allowed to do gen eds instead of your free electives? McLake can probably confirm this, but I'm under the impression SENG free electives must be chosen from this list (see http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/seng/)http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/undergrad/programs/SENGA13648.html
I have said this before but I will say it again. This is what I did:

You have a 6UOC of FREE Elecetive in year 1, s2. You have 6UOC of Gen Ed in year 2, s2. You can swap those 2. I emailed Ken to confirm this for a SENG degree.

SENG FREE electives can be chossen OUTSIDE of that list.

For those interested I then subbed 6UOC of my Gen Ed for a PHIL course (as you are allowed to do). I am now doing 12UOC of FREE elective this session (year2 , s2).

Please ask me to explain this if it is confusing (because it IS).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)