A good way to plan assesment task~? (1 Viewer)

peterpandied

HSC
Hey I need some help with : how to plan an assesment task and where to start..

I really stuffed up my first assesments and I m aiming for a UAI 97+ so I'll be really really stuffed if I get a bad mark on the next assesment task. I got give the assesment today and I have 4 weeks before its due. So I wanted to thrash it but I have no idea where to start. So could some one please give me some guide lines for it.

any wayz heres the assesment task.

CLOSE STUDY OF A TEXT
40min

1.One of three questions below will be selected at random on the day.
2.You are permitted to bring in one page of hand written notes for each of set questions.

Questions :

1. You have been asked to organise a radio broadcast of W.B. Yeats' Poetry with a discussion between two reviewers who hold differing views of the intellectual and cultural worth.

2. Poetry is a product of the context in which it is written.l
Write an argument for or against this statement using the poetry of W.B.Yeats.

3. At the core of any poem is a desire to order and make sense of the world and our place in it.

Write a personal reflection on how W.B.Yeats shapes emotional and intellectual responses to their poetry.

( You should refer to at least three of the poems )

Plz! help me~!

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
mmmmmmmm a good place to start is to actually read WB Yeat's poems. extract out the themes/issues/ideas out of the poems, and see what common grounds they have. find the themes/issues/ideas that would best suit each question, and stick with them.

then, find out the different poetic techniques that would illustrate these ideas/themes/issues. techniques like tone, rhythmn, rhyming schemes, language techniques (e.g. imagery, simile, metaphor, repitition, etc...). make a nice list of em. but be careful and specific when you select your techniques ==> the good ones are those that would lead onto support/strengthen/illustrate/...those ideas that would go to answer the question.

what is also a very good idea is to do some research into WB yeats, and the context where he lived and worked. surely his environment and context would influence his poetry as a reflection upon his times, or perhaps to cast light upon what can be improved, etc...<--this will be good in supporting your answers in all 3 questions.

hopefully this a good place to start.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
peterpandied said:
Hey I need some help with : how to plan an assesment task and where to start..

I really stuffed up my first assesments and I m aiming for a UAI 97+ so I'll be really really stuffed if I get a bad mark on the next assesment task. I got give the assesment today and I have 4 weeks before its due. So I wanted to thrash it but I have no idea where to start. So could some one please give me some guide lines for it.

any wayz heres the assesment task.

CLOSE STUDY OF A TEXT
40min

1.One of three questions below will be selected at random on the day.
2.You are permitted to bring in one page of hand written notes for each of set questions.

Questions :

1. You have been asked to organise a radio broadcast of W.B. Yeats' Poetry with a discussion between two reviewers who hold differing views of the intellectual and cultural worth.

2. Poetry is a product of the context in which it is written.l
Write an argument for or against this statement using the poetry of W.B.Yeats.

3. At the core of any poem is a desire to order and make sense of the world and our place in it.

Write a personal reflection on how W.B.Yeats shapes emotional and intellectual responses to their poetry.

( You should refer to at least three of the poems )

Plz! help me~!
First off all know what each question is asking. I used to get my highlighters and underline the key words and write down what they were asking you to do. (so if you were being asked to argue something i would jot down that i had to make sure i refered to both sides of the argument and weigh up the pro's / cons)

Have a look at hte text type you are being asked to write in and KNOW exactly how you should be formatting it and the style that you are going to be required to write in. So in your questions you have to know how a radio broadcast is done, personal reflection (which would be simmilar to essay style) and argument (agian similar to essay)

With this you should be able to identify who your audience is, what medium you are displaying your work on (more so if you got the broadcast you would need to have an idea of what it would be on like an ABC program or would you be doing a tripple J one)
So you could just jot this down on yoru page something like audience = whoever
Lanugage = formal / informal (whatever suits)

Then just have a look at what your key points would be for each question get some ideas down and mabye have a little bit of a plan / structure written up for your answers - mabye a couple of quotes that will be really good from one of the poems that will be useful

well i hope that helps a bit.
Good luck with it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)