• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A-LEAGUE 2006/2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
Just wondering peoples thoughts on the new A-League season. Any tips or ideas on teams new signings and players to watch and so on. Personally I believe that the MIGHTY MARINERS will go one better this season and win the "frisbee"!!!

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
What's the news on an A-League reserve grade?

sweet_as

Is with all of my people
HSC
NO way the Mariners won't get anywhere the prestigous toilet seat :p

Looks like no Reserve/Youth League for season 2, I was kinda hoping some $$$ from the Fox Sports deal would be spend on starting one up, but it is essential that the FFA pace themselves and make sure that each club is up on its feet and running smoothly before any major changes/introductions

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Shit, theres a thread for next season already??? You guys are keen.

One of my favourite players, Paulo di Canio, has told the Italian media that australian clubs have expressed interest in signing him. If a club could manage to sign him, it would be an outstanding buy.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Pierre Littbarski is gone. Sydney FC are dumb cunts. I thought the A-League was supposed to spell the end of stupid Board members and actions.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Komit,

I agree that it was a dumb decision success-wise (and in the long term too), but at the moment they can't afford him.

The winner of the A-League reported a $3 million loss for the season .. hardly inspiring figures.

Hopefully we can re-sign him in a few years time, when we're turning over profit.

Would love to see Littbarski back in charge of Sydney.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
Littbarski was willing to take the massive pay cut. Although he said that this was a factor as to why he quit, it wasn't decisive. The real reason was because the board promised him that training facilities would be moved from Parklea and they weren't. Furthermore, the attitude of the Sydney FC chairman in publicly saying that Littbarski was back on board (when he really wasn't) also upset him.

I really doubt that Littbarski will come back to Sydney FC - although, he may remain in Australia.

bigbezza05

Student Paramedic
HSC
Im just happy that A-LEAGUE COACH OF THE YEAR Lawrie McKinna is staying with the Mighty Mariners for another 5 seasons. Its great when a coach doesnt worry about how much money he is getting, rather the fact that he is enjoying the Central Coast lifestyle and loves all the Mariners fans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)