a little help? (1 Viewer)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
Tryna connect my macbook pro to an external monitor (yet to buy).
What are the adaptors/cables that I need to buy?
Will there be any problems if I use this method? like things such as heating of the macbook pro? or it will decrease the battery life?
and can I use any wireless keyboard and mouse to connect to my macbook pro? (and by any, i mean like not use the apple keyboard and mouse products)

thanks in advance.

edit: I also want to play my PS3 in the same external monitor. Can I do that?

Last edited:

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Has your Macbook got a HDMI port? If so then get a TV and do it through that. Battery life shouldn't decrease as the external display is being powered separately and not by the laptop. I find plugging my laptop into my 40" TV actually increases battery life since it's not having to power the screen.

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
Has your Macbook got a HDMI port? If so then get a TV and do it through that. Battery life shouldn't decrease as the external display is being powered separately and not by the laptop. I find plugging my laptop into my 40" TV actually increases battery life since it's not having to power the screen.
well the MacBook pro has a thunderbolt port which means I need to buy an adaptor from the thunderbird port to the hdmi cable or VGA cable.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
get a monitor with multiple inputs (HDMI for the ps3, HDMI or DVI for the mbp) and a miniDP -> HDMI or DVI adapter (depending on what monitor you get)

BadMeetsEvil

HSC
N/A
get a monitor with multiple inputs (HDMI for the ps3, HDMI or DVI for the mbp) and a miniDP -> HDMI or DVI adapter (depending on what monitor you get)
yeah okay and might just stick to AV for ps3 and vga for the mbp. HDMI cables are expensive.. and do they still sell VGA in dick smith and all them shops?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)