A little question (1 Viewer)

HSC
i was just wondering... i know school assessments are worth 50% and the HSC itself is worth the other 50%. So are you basically screwed if you kinda stuffed up every school assessment? Do you have to get a brilliant mark in the HSC to get a good mark overall? What i'm saying is if you've stuffed the school based part which makes up 50% is there still a good chance of getting a decent mark overall? :confused:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
i too am worried about, this, (my ranks are in the teens except sdd rank 3 and marks range from 60 - 88, mostly b/w 60-75)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
ur assessment marks r onli used 2 get ur ranks - so if u come 1st, but onli get say 42 / 100 for ur yearli report, den wen it cums time for HSC exam, n say da u get da highest HSC mark (95/100), den ur assessment mark = 95 and ur exam mark = 95

in other words, ur assessment marks from skool mean shit all except to get u ur ranks. so da real important bit is that u n ur buddies do gud in HSC otherwise..

ur all FUKEDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!

..at least i fink dats rite.

HSC
^are you sure ???

so if someone gets 60-80 for their assesment marks at school ...and ranks in the teens and above...but in their hsc exam they get for all subjects 70z + ...what would theire marks be?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
$hiftyIceQueen said:
^are you sure ???

so if someone gets 60-80 for their assesment marks at school ...and ranks in the teens and above...but in their hsc exam they get for all subjects 70z + ...what would theire marks be?
The assessment and exam mark will be averaged out as well as scaled in the process if necessary.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Riviet said:
The assessment and exam mark will be averaged out as well as scaled in the process if necessary.
when they average it out... does that mean that if you get say 60 for your school mark but you get 95 in the exam, your hsc mark will be around 75? or will they just give you the 95, or just the 60, or what.

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
live.fast said:
yea im rite

im alwwaiz bloody rite
Except in regards to spelling and grammer.

It physically pains me to read your posts. Why exactly would you write "onli" when the correct spelling is the same number of letters? Sorry, just curious.

HSC
my marks at school haven't been the best so it is unrealistic that i'll suddenly do miraculously well in the exam if you know what i mean? which means i won't do well overall.... :confused:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
say ur in da top 10 or ur 10th in ur skool, den for ur assessment mark, ull get da 10th best hsc exam mark, and for ur exam mark, u get ur exam mark. simple?

so if u came say 14th okai? but ur assesment mark was...22/100. now, if da 14th best hsc exam mark in ur skool for da subejct was 96/100 and for ur exam mark, u got sayyy 94/100, den ur assesment mark wud be 96/100 n ur exam mark wud be 94/100

itz a BlOODY RiPPER!

HSC
so it isnt averaged out? so in the end the mark is nothing? so if you get a 70 for school assesment and say 85 for the hsc exam then both marks are 85?

bboyelement

HSC
to answer your question
decent = yes
good = no

if you bombed out the assessment then there is very little chance you get a good overall mark because your ranking would be shit ... so you would have to rely on everyone above you to do good ... so if say your ranking is like 30 then unless you go to james ruse then then chance of those 30 ppl getting all band sixes is zero. tuff luck mate ... board of studies rewards people that do well throughout the year not one exam.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
FuKKK da markks !!!!!!!

iz all bout ranks.

assessment marks mean shit all, except 2 get ya ur rank.

so if ur ranks alrite

ull be alrite

otherwise, yea ur fukd.

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
just look at the people above you in rank. do u think they'll do good? if you think they're the type that will study alot for the final hsc, then you got nothing to worry about.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
live.fast said:
say ur in da top 10 or ur 10th in ur skool, den for ur assessment mark, ull get da 10th best hsc exam mark, and for ur exam mark, u get ur exam mark. simple?

so if u came say 14th okai? but ur assesment mark was...22/100. now, if da 14th best hsc exam mark in ur skool for da subejct was 96/100 and for ur exam mark, u got sayyy 94/100, den ur assesment mark wud be 96/100 n ur exam mark wud be 94/100

itz a BlOODY RiPPER!
i see, that makes sense. does that mean, though, that your school assessment mark basically becomes redundant, if you and your cohort do heaps better in the exams? eg my maths assessment mark is somewhere in the low 70's and im ranked about 20 something, i reckon... but if everyone including me was to somehow blitz the exam and get like high 90's, then my hsc mark becomes 90 something and the 70 isnt even counted into it? hmmm... interesting. maybe if i acquire some maths ability between now and the hsc i wont be screwed afterall. hehe.

another question though: what happens if you're topping a subject and doing really really well internally, but most of the rest of your class is doing comparatively crap? like if you're ranked first but there's miles between you and the rest of the class... is that likely to affect your mark?

sorry, im kinda confused.

HSC
Cos i moved to a new school at the beginning of last year. The reason for this was because their hsc marks were pretty good. My ranks aren't so good coz there are many girls who are damn smart. My rank is in the middle and while i am sure there are some that are definitely gonna get band 6's for everything there are many that are not, meaning i am utterly screwed for maths.

:( :( :(

p.s my school is reasonably good it's in the top 50

Last edited:
HSC
if your ranked first then no matter what marks everyone else gets your marks dont gt scaled down or anything...so it doesnt affect your marks..

and i finally got what you are saying live.fast :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)