A new laptop. (1 Viewer)

Thecorey0

HSC
I am currently flexirenting my laptop, with the contract about to expire. My parents have offered to flexirent a new laptop. However their condition is that it is priced between 2000-3000, as you get some free stuff they want, and has to be from Harvey Norman. I am going to uni next year whilst living on campus. I need it to last for ~3ish years. Preferably I would like it to be able to do whatever I need, as it will be used for various things. Currently I am thinking of the Hp DV7-3007TX. It has a 1.6GHz quadcore, 1TB hardrive, 4GB Ram, Blueray/dvd burner and a 1GB graphics card. I am computer literate, but am quite far from an expert.

Any suggestions?

Anonymous-

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol dont geta HP if you are spending that much.

Get an Asus from the gaming series m8

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
lol dont geta HP if you are spending that much.

Get an Asus from the gaming series m8
You're an idiot... Asus are pissweak quality... even their high end stuff is poorly constructed in flimsy cases

The Laptop you're looking at is probably going to be let down by it's 1TB HDD because it's probably 2x500GB 5400rpm drives... meaning slow.

For $3000 Flexirent, get something with a Solid State HDD and see if it has a 2nd Hard drive slot or if not, just purchase an external HDD for Media etc...

also because the SSD will make it lighter and use less power.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Currently I am thinking of the Hp DV7-3007TX. It has a 1.6GHz quadcore, 1TB hardrive, 4GB Ram, Blueray/dvd burner and a 1GB graphics card.
Any suggestions?
Your battery life is going to be extremely short.

LordPc

HSC
I am currently flexirenting my laptop, with the contract about to expire. My parents have offered to flexirent a new laptop. However their condition is that it is priced between 2000-3000, as you get some free stuff they want, and has to be from Harvey Norman. I am going to uni next year whilst living on campus. I need it to last for ~3ish years. Preferably I would like it to be able to do whatever I need, as it will be used for various things. Currently I am thinking of the Hp DV7-3007TX. It has a 1.6GHz quadcore, 1TB hardrive, 4GB Ram, Blueray/dvd burner and a 1GB graphics card. I am computer literate, but am quite far from an expert.

Any suggestions?
lol, now thats an interesting way to say "I was this thing to play games"

Your battery life is going to be extremely short.
if he lives at uni it doesnt matter, this would be more like a desktop replacement with potential portability than anything else

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
I hope you're being sarcastic... It looks more like a hot rod than a laptop. I doubt you'll see any of these at uni though lol. Besides mine j/k

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
I hope you're being sarcastic... It looks more like a hot rod than a laptop. I doubt you'll see any of these at uni though lol. Besides mine j/k
hehe i wouldn't mind having one,
but for that amount of money i'd just get one of those i7 UV-solution watercooled desktops =D,

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
Yeah i'd just pop that into my backpack on my way to uni
lol
id get a crappy laptop for uni.
well not crappy,

but one with a fast boot up time,
one that can run windows onenote/word/recording software etc.
but where it will lag if i play games or something

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Alienware has some of the sexiest gaming laptops around and I'd love to get my hands on them, but no, they are far too expensive for my pocket and budget.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)