A Poll for Geographers! (1 Viewer)

How did you feel you went with the paper?

• :D Awesome.

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • :) I killed it like a catastrophic stress event

Votes: 30 27.0%
  • : | My future directions look uncertain

Votes: 47 42.3%
  • :( My brain experience urban decay

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • :'( My management strategy sucked

Votes: 7 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elisabeth

HSC
Lol, nice poll.

I went for the middle option, wish I could say "I dominated the exam like a world city" though ;)

Last edited:

lozz98

HSC
-DaNieL- said:
I thought the test was relatively easy compared to the past HSCs. However, I didnt like the 1st extended question!! Didnt study the bloody damn thing at all =(. Otherwise, i thought it was good =)
I thought that the 1st extended response was a good one.....but i studied it...the one i had trouble with was the Urban Places response....it sucked but like you i didnt study for the 2nd extended response....the 3rd one was pretty good as well...

-DaNieL-

HSC
I thought the test was relatively easy compared to the past HSCs. However, I didnt like the 1st extended question!! Didnt study the bloody damn thing at all =(. Otherwise, i thought it was good =)

Valeroso

HSC
I killed it like a catastrophic stress event! I LOVED the Urban places essay! And I did all that I could for the last essay (was very limited question), and as for the first one, I was SO surprised I knew everything for it. It just flowed out from my brain to the paper: "Biodiversity, extent, linkages, and location" = BELL! As for the Multiple Choice, who gives a crap? 1 mark for a couple of pointless questions. I answered all the ones that would actually take 1 minute to do and ignored about 4 of them. The Short Answers were PERFECT! Really really satisfied with them! All in all, I reckon it wasn't a bad paper at all. Though I can see why some people may have suffered with it. It was abit specific I suppose.

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
I liked it! Multiple choice = easy. Short answer = pretty good. First extended response = not my favourite. second extended response = better. third extended response = the best!

kiara

Aww that is quite possibly the funniest thing I've read all day heheh I'd say that the catastrophic event occured when I read the Urban places essay and everything which attempted to colonise my page was primitive and mossy...:(

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
-DaNieL- said:

i wrote one page saying what vulnerabilty and resilience was. i should get three marks if im lucky

daviesem

HSC
the funniest thing i ve herd is that "tossycock" hahah good on you!
geog was alright i just cant believe its over no, yay only 4 more to go!

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Royally screwed up. I forgot everything as I walked through the door, and didn't bother mentioning BELL. My dominance/dependance one is a load of poppycock and economic enterprise was waffle. Bloody grain-fed beef. I just felt like there wasn't enough to write about for the essays. It was frustrating me.

allye02

agree totally. i didn't think that the essays allowed you to talk about much of the syllabus, was expecting a total different question. something like management of E@R and global effects on local enterprise.
Oh well, over now!!!
Thank goodness!

!lukey!

HSC
yeah same i predicted ecosystems to be about management strategies but was not at all and that questions i found myself struggling to write enough for it - which seams to be the opposite for everyone else. The other two questions for urban places and economic activity i think were really good.

jesscookie

HSC
mine was poo. our teacher figured the ecosystems question would be about biosphysical interactions, so we didnt do much on resiliance and crap. i wrote two pages of absolute dribble on urban places, and drew lots of pretty diagrams for my grain fed beef crap. all in all, i will probably spend the rest of my life living in the trees smoking bongs, and being happy!

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
i thought it was fair overall
i definitely would have been more pissed off with last years paper this year

SKILLS=full marks according to teachers answers :D
SHORT ANSWERS=pretty good overall, but i struggled a bit on some of them like the urban dynamics one
1st ESSAY=wrote a lot, but i dont know if i adressed the question
2nd ESSAY=again, couldnt really "explain" - i showed how but not too sure about why the relationships of dominance and dependence occur.
3rd ESSAY=made up a lot of shat coz the question didnt really suit our enterprise studied. but if the markers dont know, which they probably wont coz its not a very common one, prob do ok.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
The thing with our preparation was that our teacher convinced us that the questions we predicted would be in it, so we only really focused on that.

We thought

E.A.R. - trad. and contemp. management
Urban - spatial patterns of adv and disadv
economic - linkages

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
yeah, i guess u learnt the hard way hey. But our teacher continually emphasised that he did not know what questions they would ask (and nor did anyone else except the writers) Good luck anyway. Actually, our teacher thought those same questions, except for urban places one. he thought the suburb question.

study buddy

troglodyte
HSC
Our teacher told us that too.. only she has this motherly way of convincing us she knows all. And us gullible eastern suburbs-ers believed her. Anyway it's over now. All we can do now is rely on scaling to make our marks look semi-respectable. Good luck to you too.

tenfour

HSC
N/A
My exam

I though the paper was easier than pst years. especially the multiple choice and short answers. i got 2 mcs wrong! Damn! However the essays were challenging and i coudl write a lot for all of them. however the economic activity one was a little limited which i think someone else also mentioned. i just hope i can get a band six.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)