A Question About Assessment Marks (1 Viewer)

A l

HSC
N/A
This is in accordance to the following flowchart:
http://www.boredofstudies.org/other/flowchart.pdf

Are initial moderated assessment marks subjected to a separate aligning process to the examination marks? According to the flow chart it seems so.
If this is true then how is this achieved? Doesn't aligning involve a standards setting procedure where judges determine the band cut-offs by viewing student responses?
How is this done in aligning moderated assessment marks when given only the raw assessment marks and the moderated assessment marks? At least examination marks can be aligned by judges viewing student responses, but this is not supplied in school assessment marks.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
A l said:
Are initial moderated assessment marks subjected to a separate aligning process to the examination marks?
No, initial moderated assessment marks are aligned in exactly the same way as raw examination marks.

The current layout of the flowchart is, in my opinion, the most intuitive and the least confusing.

A l

HSC
N/A
Lazarus said:
The current layout of the flowchart is, in my opinion, the most intuitive and the least confusing.
Well, I was almost misled by a small part of the flowchart and that part of the flowchart gives the impression that they are separately aligned....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)