A Question About the AOS Essay in Paper 1 (1 Viewer)

Therewego

HSC
Sorry if this is a stupid question, or if the answer is somewhere obvious I haven't looked but;

I've heard we are only expected to talk about a maximum of 2 poems (we are doing Immigrant Chronicle) in the essay of paper 1, despite the question not specifying the number.

Is this true? or are we expected to incorporate a range of poems into the discussion/see what the question specifies?

Any help appreciated

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't think it says a maximum of 2 poems; it usually says 'at least two poems'. But I don't think that you should be using more than 3. Remember, you have 2 related texts to analyse too.

Therewego

HSC
Thanks for the reply,

So it will most likely be a minimum of 2 poems then?

I'll probably stick to 2 anyway and do them in detail.

Thanks again

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah, most likely - if you're doing Skrzynecki or Dickinson - then my guess would be minimum of 2 poems.

shoutoutloud

HSC
To my understanding for poetry one set text is equal to 2 poems prepare three or four for the exam though

havoc-x

HSC
Can they ask us to write about two specific poems, or is it up to us to decide which two poems to incorporate into our essay?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
It is possible for them to ask two specific poems. Never been done before in HSC - and I reckon it's just not right...screwing over like 70% of the cohort. But....it is possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)