• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A question for everyone (1 Viewer)

ZaraKu

HSC
Not sure if this is the right area to post this but here goes.
I'm considering studying journalism at a uni in Victoria but I'm not sure which unis are the best for journalism, seeing as I don't know anyone who goes to uni in Victoria it's hard to ask anyone, hence why I'm asking here. I currently am doing a equity program at Newcastle Uni so I hope to transfer at the end of the year.

Thanks in advance

SoAmazing

HSC
The Bachelor of Arts (Media and communication) at The UoM sounds like a good degree for you. Although you will have to check whether this degree is still offered. It is quite competitive to get in though. The UAI for entry from school is 97.6 and to transfer it was a distinction average.

ZaraKu

HSC
I forgot to mention that the program I am currently doing only offers a maximum mark of 93. so any course with a UAI above that I can't apply for.

Andi0390

HSC
Okay...

Well I thought one of the best universities for Journalism was UTS and I have heard people talk about CSU but I haven't really heard about any others is specific regard so Journalism.

From what I can observe, entrance to Journalism is quite high across the board, so if you are wanting a good Journalism course it is probably essential that you score quite high.

University of Melbourne is good university but your entrance is probably not going to be high enough, and these days Melbourne is a bit weird and going through lots of changes so I don't know if its a good idea to start there now anyway.

Look at Monash, I think its quite good. It seems to get good reviews and I have know people who have liked it. La Trobe is in Melbourne, although I haven't heard anything good about it, not saying that its bad or anything. There is like Deakin and Victoria but you don't really hear much about them so I don't know how good they are. RMIT is meant to be good but I have no idea if they have something like Journalism.

ZaraKu

HSC
I've looked into it and from what I've read Monash seems to be the best choice for what I want.

oLii

HSC
Hey! Yes - Monash and RMIT are the best unis for journalism. RMIT's one is a lot more full on and industry based, while Monash is quite broad and nice. Go Monash! I am studying there = )

mces0421

HSC
N/A
I'll get back to you, I will ask first my sister. She is a journalism graduate. Just follow your heart...and good luck! :)

molmont

HSC
I'm also looking at getting into journalism in Melbourne and have been doing a fair bit of research.
Bachelor of Arts Media and Communications at Melbourne Uni. needs a 90 UAI (2010) to get in undergrad. I don't know what that means for graduate students. It is possible to get a Bachelor of Arts degree at Melbourne Uni. and use that to get into journalism (dependent on the majors and minors you choose)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)