A Question of Christian Theology (1 Viewer)

Ayatollah

HSC
N/A
This Mr Hitchens you worship will be on Q&A on ABC tommorow, he is no test for a proper theologen debator

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
This Mr Hitchens you worship will be on Q&A on ABC tommorow, he is no test for a proper theologen debator

you're fucking shitting me right?

Show me one video of a debate he loses with a "proper theologian* debater".

Lentern

HSC
you're fucking shitting me right?

Show me one video of a debate he loses with a "proper theologian* debater".
Ever notice how athiests seem to be rude and unpleasent and catholics seem to be warm and polite?

trickx

HSC
He tends to dominate in every debate. His sense of humour keeps the debates interesting, arrogant though it may seem.

The only person to have come close in matching him was Alister McGrath whom I respect just as much, if not more.

So stfu.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Ever notice how athiests seem to be rude and unpleasent and catholics seem to be warm and polite?
Apart from you Lentern, I know very few Catholics who are "warm and polite". I find that they usually have quite a patronising demeanor. I'd rather upfront rudeness than that.

But I agree, we do tend to be quite rude.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
He tends to dominate in every debate. His sense of humour keeps the debates interesting, arrogant though it may seem.

The only person to have come close in matching him was Alister McGrath whom I respect just as much, if not more.

So stfu.
I seem to remember him sitting there going.... wait... what? A few times because he wasn't expecting a reasoned argument from a Christian.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I seem to remember him sitting there going.... wait... what? A few times because he wasn't expecting a reasoned argument from a Christian.
So what? He was probably just surprised; it doesn't seem to happen that often.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Na it's because you guys know the truth in your heart of hearts. You frantically try to shrink God until you can dismiss Him as any other tin-pot false idol, but it's never convincing. No one can put God in a box. He alludes even His most faithful. Your emotional and vulgar reactions only serves to brighten the case for Christ

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Na it's because you guys know the truth in your heart of hearts. You frantically try to shrink God until you can dismiss Him as any other tin-pot false idol, but it's never convincing.
I love it when you tell me what I think, Iron - it's so endearing.

No one can put God in a box. He alludes even His most faithful. Your emotional and vulgar reactions only serves to brighten the case for Christ
Howso?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Because your desparation exposes the fact that you know that there is something to it all, that if youre honest with yourself youre still seeking Christ, and that the only thing that keeps you from doing so is the most basic sin of vanity

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Because your desparation exposes the fact that you know that there is something to it all, that if youre honest with yourself youre still seeking Christ, and that the only thing that keeps you from doing so is the most basic sin of vanity
Hmmm, an interesting idea, but quite wrong nonetheless. If I ever sound desperate, it would be because I am desperately intrigued as to why anyone believes in God. I'm not trying to be patronising, quite the opposite; I think that faith and intelligence are completely independent, and though others put faith down to stupidity and an unwillingness to accept that when you die your worm food, I simply can't believe it to be that simple.

Perhaps I am seeking something more in life, who knows? But I know that I am not seeking Christ.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont care. Youre 'quite wrong' in thinking that faith and reason are at war with eachother. This is a relatively new idea in human history and the fruits of it have been utter misery - from the mountains of dead in auschwitz, to the shopa-sexaholic of today. Wisdom can only come from the marriage of faith and reason, not its divorce

Lentern

HSC
LOL

ridicule is the only proper response to the ridiculous.

cool story bro
I'm just saying you know how Iron, Ayatollah, myself, Teclis are always respectful graceful, we avoid rude words most of the time. By contrast you, Katie Tully etc are all about the "fuck offs" and the "are you shitting me". There's no need for that kind of filth.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I dont care. Youre 'quite wrong' in thinking that faith and reason are at war with eachother. This is a relatively new idea in human history and the fruits of it have been utter misery - from the mountains of dead in auschwitz, to the shopa-sexaholic of today. Wisdom can only come from the marriage of faith and reason, not its divorce
Again, I wasn't saying that reason and faith were mutually exclusive. I was merely saying that I couldn't understand why people believe in God.

I'm just saying you know how Iron, Ayatollah, myself, Teclis are always respectful graceful, we avoid rude words most of the time. By contrast you, Katie Tully etc are all about the "fuck offs" and the "are you shitting me". There's no need for that kind of filth.
We need a whole new definition of "rude words" in my opinion.

I MIGHT grant that you, Iron and Teclis have been pretty respectful (except when Teclis is talking to/about ad infinitum) MOST OF THE TIME, but Ayatollah has said more offensive things than any of us. Just because y'all have tight-arse syndrome (omygodhesaidarse) doesn't many you can be all high and mighty about your lack of profanities.

Lack of swearing =\= respectful, by the way.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I'm sorry... have you READ some of my posts. I grew up in the World Capital of Bogan, Nowra... I have a potty mouth and a half. I tend to not use intense profanities like the c-bomb often, But I do use them when occasion arises (such as when someone backed into my car then drove off causing significant damage...) Oh boy that string of profanities would have made the most hardened military veteran look on in horror. The reason I tend to not use them in normal conversation tends to be because I believe they tend to show a limited vocabulary and small mindedness.

I MIGHT grant that you, Iron and Teclis have been pretty respectful (except when Teclis is talking to/about ad infinitum) MOST OF THE TIME, but Ayatollah has said more offensive things than any of us. Just because y'all have tight-arse syndrome (omygodhesaidarse) doesn't many you can be all high and mighty about your lack of profanities.
Hey Tully B. Everything you believe is a lie and because I disagree with you on a fundamental level, and because I think I'm intellectually superior to you, and because I'm an intolerant pig I'm going to call you a dog and every piece of evidence you provide I'm going to reply with "bad Dog"... now resist the urge to not swear at me :)

And yes Ayatollah has said things that make me cringe harder than "fuck off cunt" ever could.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
; _ ;

youre dull m8

I'm sure prattling on endlessly about christ make you the life of the party amirite??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)