A question of mortality (1 Viewer)

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Imagine a scenario where you discovered that you would die tomorrow. At the same time, however, you, and only you, were given a means to halt death for let's say one million years (a deal with the devil? an undiscovered chemical compound? doesn't matter). You would stay the same age, you would still be able to get sick and hurt, (though you would always be able to survive whatever came), and it would be impossible to kill yourself~~~

Would you take immortality or death the next day?

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
I should've also asked: what would you do to pass this time? to the society, humankind, the world etc.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
hence, have copious amounts of sex. what else would there be to do?

**forgot to quote iron.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
surely at some point all humans would die out???
eh. waste time playing internet games. that's about all i do now.

go jump on my trampoline.

how could you do anything for humanity if all of them have died out?

you could go without eating ever cause you couldn't die. hmm interesting.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
how could you do anything for humanity if all of them have died out?
good point. i would go find some hot aliens (to have copious amounts of sex with for 950,000 years).

would anyone actually choose death?

HSC
Eh. From this point in time I may choose death, but, if I were actually on the brink of dying I would very possibly choose immortality.

Eternity is, like, a really long time,

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
good point. i would go find some hot aliens (to have copious amounts of sex with for 950,000 years).

would anyone actually choose death?
lol.

and you'd have the time to find them. cause if you found a way to get outta the earth's atmosphere, you could just float around in space. and swim all day. haha. cause you wouldn't need oxygen because, again, you couldn't die.

although the closest star is like a billion light years away. don't think you could travel that fast.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
Eternity is, like, a really long time,
hm, I would probably regret immortality about halfway through, like tom hanks in the green mile. but before that, as humanity crumbled around you, you would be the wellspring of all human wisdom and history leading the survivors of a shattered world to a blissful future.

and, fuck it would be cool to swim through space.

HSC
I would choose immortality because it's impossible for me to imagine a state of nonexistence. No doubt I would have regrets, eventually, but this a hypothetical.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Ill take the million years, Imagine all the physics questions i could do :)

LordPc

HSC
Ill take the million years, Imagine all the physics questions i could do :)
lol

I'd easily take the million years myself. going through the ages would be so cool. like a really long science fiction film

it would just be so cool. you could join the army and since you cant die, it'd be just like playing a computer game, painful, but you know you would survive.

but realistically, I think I'd like to just like to learn about things that interest me (ie ancient history, languages and other things) for the first few decades or so.

then perhaps start a business so i can get lots of money to do some cooler things.

i do think that if this were to happen, i would follow a career for several decades until it becomes really boring, then move to another country and start a new career there. it seems like you could do this for a long time, there are a lot of countries and a lot of occupations to go through.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'd take the deal. There are way too many books I want to read still.
Besides, I haven't changed history yet. I can't die until I do that.
To pass time I'd probably end up doing what Bill Murray did on Groundhog Day; that is, find new and inventive ways to kill either myself or other people.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
lol

I'd easily take the million years myself. going through the ages would be so cool. like a really long science fiction film

it would just be so cool. you could join the army and since you cant die, it'd be just like playing a computer game, painful, but you know you would survive.

but realistically, I think I'd like to just like to learn about things that interest me (ie ancient history, languages and other things) for the first few decades or so.

then perhaps start a business so i can get lots of money to do some cooler things.

i do think that if this were to happen, i would follow a career for several decades until it becomes really boring, then move to another country and start a new career there. it seems like you could do this for a long time, there are a lot of countries and a lot of occupations to go through.
Except all your friends and fellow soldiers die horrible, violent deaths in front of you, and you can still be injured and feel pain. Nice going there.

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
That would be one of the major drawbacks, watching everybody you know and love die.

And there's only so much memory your mind can possibly store, so unless you kept really really detailed diaries, the majority of your time would be a blur. You'd walk down the street, see a statue of yourself and think, 'how the hell did that happen?'

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
That would be one of the major drawbacks, watching everybody you know and love die.

And there's only so much memory your mind can possibly store, so unless you kept really really detailed diaries, the majority of your time would be a blur. You'd walk down the street, see a statue of yourself and think, 'how the hell did that happen?'
[citation needed]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)