a quick question about equipment in the hsc (1 Viewer)

HSC
During reading time or as you're getting your material out, the supervisors come and look at your calculator. They take of the case and check if there is notes or anything.

photastic

HSC
During reading time or as you're getting your material out, the supervisors come and look at your calculator. They take of the case and check if there is notes or anything.
Or to check if you did da smuggling.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
well they didn't do it to me last year, in HSC economics :/
Ooooh I should store eco stats in there!!!! Thanks!! :D inb4calcgetscheckedinecoexam

Yes! There's like a few boring supervisors in the room so all they do is simply clear the calculators and watch your magic numbers disappear unless you saved a backup.
awww man :(

Seen and reported to the Board of Studies

gg no re
nao

lol do not mention acer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

hahah that stupid incidence with the case of my rubber
fgt supervisors they had there I swear

:( I actually put random maths formulae into there (not when I go into exams).

gg no re enigma

photastic

HSC
I wonder what would happen if you bring a calculator into the English exams because the calculations in paper 1 are pretty challenging.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Woops

My calculated has really faded our numbers

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
They reset your calculator before the exam commences so either before you enter or when you sit down during the period of getting ready.
Do they check the calculator model? If yes, do they check that calculator's function ? like expressing surds in its simplest form.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Do they check the calculator model? If yes, do they check that calculator's function ? like expressing surds in its simplest form.
OMG wait are you esl?

Some esl chic at my school had the simplest surds thing and the teachers banned it coz it's not fair or something. Get a new calc for hsc and don't risk it coz I don't think it's approved maybe :/

Last edited:

photastic

HSC
Obviously they check the model but they don't care about the calculator's function cos they simply reset everything.

mreditor16

HSC
guys, only these calculators are let in: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/calculators.html

also, a person who got state rank in phys from my school last year when into the exam and he stored important constants on the data sheet on his calculator and it helped him save time..... so, I think the supervisors at my school don't check or reset calculators except maybe maths :/

HSC
guys, only these calculators are let in: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/calculators.html

also, a person who got state rank in phys from my school last year when into the exam and he stored important constants on the data sheet on his calculator and it helped him save time..... so, I think the supervisors at my school don't check or reset calculators except maybe maths :/
Aren't supervisors hired old ladies? Or does BOS send some legit people lol?

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
OMG wait are you esl?

Some esl chic at my school had the simplest surds thing and the teachers banned it coz it's not fair or something. Get a new calc for hsc and don't risk it coz I don't think it's approved maybe :/
Yes. I'll tell you my calculator model if I got through this. The BOS will include my calculator features if they see it :).

mreditor16

HSC
nah, the ones my school usually calls / requests for are legit the nicest. and they know what is going on :D haha, they're actually pretty good :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)