A quick question on using quotes in the exam (1 Viewer)

kurtyman

HSC
Do we have to write the author/original person who said the quote ?

For an assessment task i did this and my english teacher crossed it out and wrote "do not write name of author" next to it. But in the exam she wrote "Quote by ???" when i didn't write the name. a little confused. can someone clear this up. thanks.

absorber

HSC
? If you're quoting one of the main texts of your essay, then obviously you don't need to say the name of the text and the author each time. However, if say you were doing critical study of text in module B and quoted a literary critic then yes, you would need to. Always source your quotes

kurtyman

HSC
I should of said, well what i meant was at the very front of the essay, on a separate line.

but thanks

luigirulz92

HSC
basically, you can if you want, but be more subtle with your reference to get more interest for marker, eg. An Ancient Greek philosopher, Epicurus, once wrote that misfortune seldom intrudes upon the wise man, for his greatest interests are directed by reason- texts in time

Cloesd

HSC
Do we have to write the author/original person who said the quote ?

For an assessment task i did this and my english teacher crossed it out and wrote "do not write name of author" next to it. But in the exam she wrote "Quote by ???" when i didn't write the name. a little confused. can someone clear this up. thanks.
Write the name, but as luigirulz92 said, make sure you tell them who he is. Can't just say something like "bob said Hamlet was a good job". Or something random like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)