• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A ray of light in our otherwise dark Uni Year- AKA Holidays. (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

Hey peeps, I was slowly doing my Archaeology assignment, and I realised that a holiday would rock right now.

When are all your guys' exams over? How long are your holidays? What are you doing in them?

I've got all of July off, which is a good amount, I guess.

I'm probably going to work for the whole month, after which I'm going to buy a car. I've also got work experience with a Barrister, which should be interesting. Really just totally looking forward to a break from the constant stress that is uni.

Has everyone else realised that Uni's basically the amount of work that you did for year 12, but crammed into one semester, and left totally up to yourself? Or is it just me...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont even know how long my holidays are! All I know is that I want them...NOW! My last exam is on the 24th of June. Arghhhhhhhh

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I think my final exam is the 29th of June. I really should check up on that one :p And uni starts on the 25th of July. So just under a month off. That will be enough to catch up on the sleep i missed out on finishing assignments.

Second year of uni hasn't been as bad as the first year, maybe I got used to it.

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I have my skills assessment today, 2 exams next week (6 & 9th) - don't start 2nd semester until Jul 18th. ;)

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
holidays

Holidays are looking great .... fortunately i dont have any exams during the exam period.... so i start holidays after the 10th of June.
Then Uni starts back up on the 25th of July
It is looking better every day.

I would have to agree the work load is very much like it iwas in year 12 ... but what i find hard is that there isnt a syllabus to guide where you are heading ... that might just be me who thinks that though. And it definately takes more motivation to do your work cos you are not forced to sit there and do it.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
today is my 2nd final exam.. ive got another final in 2weeks.. and 1 assesment due in a week and i am DONE!!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i have my only exam tuesday week...
im going to melbourne during my 4 week holidays for the campus east r.a. all expenses paid. BOOYAH

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Over the next 2 weeks I have 4 exams, then I'm on holidays from the 13th. I go to Bali on the 25th.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
uni literally broke my heart thus im looking forward to the loooong july break, gonna work, go out, catchup wif lots of old friend and 5birthday parties to attend, including my own :D

iwannarock

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Has everyone else realised that Uni's basically the amount of work that you did for year 12, but crammed into one semester, and left totally up to yourself? Or is it just me...
yeah but uni u only need 50.............while year 12 u needed 95 or wateva the hell u were aiming for. uni is harder work.........but.....well if ur me........ur not trying to do as well.

i get all of july free.....good ole macquarie and its holidays. im gonna try and get a job and work 9 - 5 and get money money money money money money...........money! :chainsaw:

sorry......i'm poor at the moment.....having very bad affects on my sanity.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
iwannarock said:
yeah but uni u only need 50.............while year 12 u needed 95 or wateva the hell u were aiming for. uni is harder work.........but.....well if ur me........ur not trying to do as well.

i get all of july free.....good ole macquarie and its holidays. im gonna try and get a job and work 9 - 5 and get money money money money money money...........money! :chainsaw:

sorry......i'm poor at the moment.....having very bad affects on my sanity.
At UOW you only need 45%, at least that's what it is for all my subjects.

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
At UOW you only need 45%, at least that's what it is for all my subjects.
You'll find that PCs in too many subjects will mean you're stuffed when it comes time to apply for graduation, there's a limit restricting the amount of subjects you can count in your degree which you've scored less than a pass for.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
You'll find that PCs in too many subjects will mean you're stuffed when it comes time to apply for graduation, there's a limit restricting the amount of subjects you can count in your degree which you've scored less than a pass for.
I don't intent on failing anything, I am just repeating what the subject outline says.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
ogmzergrush said:
Definitely a good way to approach it, just making sure you weren't planning on cruising through with 45% for everything, that'd be a nasty surprise :)
Not at all. But I am just saying it is possible to get 45% and still pass if you are really bad at a particular subject. But obviously not all subjects.

klh

HSC
i have an online exam that is this friday and i havent studied for it yet (sick)
then i have 2 weeks of stuvac than 3 exams which culminate at the end of next month and then 3 weeks of holidays YAY!!!
haha cape, i finish on the 28th of j une.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)