A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson (1 Viewer)

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
Excellent book describing the beginning of the universe till, well, now. A short history of nearly everything.

I recommend you go out and buy this book now. Excellent for the general knowledge in sciences.

Anyone else read it? Back me up here.​

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
IronMaiden said:
Excellent book describing the beggining of the universe till, well, now. A short history of nearly everything.

I recommend you go out and buy this book now. Excellent for the general knowledge in sciences.

Anyone else read it? Back me up here.​
yes our physics teacher read it to us passionately when we had spare time as a class. was quite good.

IronMaiden

HSC
N/A
There are some truly amazingly incomprehensible figures at the beggining of it and I will most definately be quoting them here soon.

When I cbf.

Lainee

HSC
I flipped through to parts that interested me - so I didn't read through it per se. Nice reference book though?

Etheral

HSC
Yerp, read about half of it while staying at a friend's place interstate during ephemeral periods of boredom. Great read. Recommend it based from what I had read.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
Great book. gives you one of the firmist generalist knowlege I've read. I loved the book.

lacklustre

HSC
Yes I concur great read...but all the information can be a little overwhelming, such is the variety of topics covered in this book :uhhuh:

sirfeathers

HSC
yeah I love this book too. I first read it about halfway through Year 10 and it really persuaded me to take up some of the sciences for Yr11&12, which i'm not regretting! I'm gonna try and read it again these holidays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)