A sound card question??? (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
just reformatted my computer - it was slow and full...then wen i turned it on i unfortunately got a virus and after loading everything on I had to reformat again..
Before reformatting my computer my sound card was working...then both times after the reformat it said i need to install the driver...so i did, now it says THIS DEVICE CANNOT START (error code 10)... I think it has died but i dunno can anyone help me???

sunny

meh.
HSC
Try reinstall your drivers again.

If you are very virus prone the first thing you should install after a format is a firewall and a virus scanner.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
i have PC-Cillin Internet Security Running... the virus got in just b4 i installed it... i re-installed the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled the device but it still says..."Device cannot start" i think it is totally stuffed
it is also saying the name is in use...

THANKS ANYWAY

Last edited:

sunny

meh.
HSC
Are you reinstalling the drivers from the original disk, or whatever drivers Windows offers to install for you?

Give the originals (or whatever copy you can download or have) rather than the one Windows offers to install.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
if you sound card is a creative one (which it prolly is), it will be prone to problems like that. I had a vibra 128 before which suddenly died (with same problem as you), then i got a 2nd one which died again... grrrr

now that computer has no sound.

HSC
try 2 things

a) using the drivers cd too install the drivers
b) do 'find drivers from source' and point it too the CD

z.co

install the card on a differnt PCI slot. it'll work. i have a creative vibra 128. its approaching 4 years old. working fine for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)