A Stich in time saves nine???? (1 Viewer)

amarsahinovic

HSC
now im aboutto enter year 11, and im thinking to myself, if i work hard noww, and work consistently for the next two years, i should be able to handl the strees and workload with out much of a problem. However i dont know if i will burn out. I find studying fun and i LOVE skool, but will working to hard lets say 3 hours a nite of study in year 11 and 12 the whole year through give me a breakdown. Or alternetivly have people found that its something that can be manadged. Im goign to try and study 3 hours a night to build a good base, but i would like to know what other people think.???

L

littlewing69

amarsahinovic said:
now im aboutto enter year 11, and im thinking to myself, if i work hard noww, and work consistently for the next two years, i should be able to handl the strees and workload with out much of a problem. However i dont know if i will burn out. I find studying fun and i LOVE skool, but will working to hard lets say 3 hours a nite of study in year 11 and 12 the whole year through give me a breakdown. Or alternetivly have people found that its something that can be manadged. Im goign to try and study 3 hours a night to build a good base, but i would like to know what other people think.???

I can't read that.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
i suggest study ALOT.. by the looks of it, it can't hurt

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I think you should save deciding how much and how your going to study until the work begins and you actually have something to study and to study for.

Preliminary after it is over doesn't count although it does form the groundwork for many of the HSC concepts and from 20-30% of the HSC mathematics exams can have preliminary questions but besides that once it's over your marks are wipped clean and then everything counts.

In this case don't set unrealistic expectation until you have experience senior schooling and then you can determine what is enough to get you through and to live a balance life, after all the HSC isn't all about study it's about creating that perfect balance.

In answer to your question would you burn out, well it depends on the type of student you are and how you handle things. But saying that you will work the whole two years now is what I would call unrealistic assumption to make and depending on the type of student you are spending 3 hours a night could mean you 'burn out' and for preliminary it isn't all that necessary and for HSC only so when exams are around the corner.

In short take things as they come and enjoy the rest of your holidays.

Legham

HSC
I find studying fun and i LOVE skool,
Your scary!

My advice, don't do ANY study for preliminary year.. i did almost none and i still burnt myself out.. i haven't even done heaps of my homework for the first term of year 12 :S And im 9 weeks behind in software design already (in a ten week term)

HSC
Year 11 not counting for anything should only be the fallback if you stuff up, not your general attitude...general advice from me would be, just study, do what is asked of you and do it well, make all your mistakes then, and that will lay the foundations for year 12. Stay on top of things, there isnt time to make up lost ground, thats more advice from me. Form good study habits!

More specifically....subject wise. I dont know what subjects you do, but here's my advice to all you prelim students for the subjects I did in any case.

For English, and this is very important...LEARN HOW TO WRITE. Learn about the sorts of writing styles needed to succeed in year 12...I found it would have been so much easier to find out how to write properly, how to set it out right, how to analyse quotes and technique, how to discuss ideas etc etc. It would have lifted my mark slightly. That way you wont be doing all that stuff in year 12, and you will be prepared. I was still learning all that stuff the day before the English HSC exam...

Maths, learn everything, because everything is culmulative, same goes for languages. Setting out properly is a must, systematic approach is imperative (sorry thats for maths). If you are doing a language, take time to learn the vocab, you will not get away with it if you dont. I know, I've tried. Dont miss anything, otherwise you will just fall behind and will always be behind, trying to catch up when there just isnt time. I learned this the hard way.This is most important for languages and maths, there is just no getting away with it.

Sciences, just follow the syllabus and make sure you know every dot point on that, same goes for PE.

And thats all the advice i can offer to you, subjects wise as I didnt do any other subjects. Chances are really that you wont heed this advice and learn what I learned the hard way. Or if you work hard and go well, well it wont be because you listened to this. :p Whatever you do its all about habit, get into a good one. And don't take yaer 11 too seriously, its not worth it, all in all it counts for nothing (but still try, because it prepares you for year 12)...save that for year 12.

Last edited:

amarsahinovic

HSC
its not sms, wtf its msn haaha i cant be bothered writing properly on forums whats the point if u can read it then get over it, im not going to be doing tests with a comp anyway, so its not an issue. Im shit at typing, and im proud. Ur just shit

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Actually, wrong.
If you want to know something...
it helps to type it properly so people know what the fuck you are talking about.

BlackDragon

HSC
amarsahinovic said:
To be honest, 3 hours a night is absolutely nothing.
You should learn everything thoroughly in yr 11, but really focus on what counts, yr 12.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
LOL OMGGG ! its amar ! how weird is this .. ahahah ..

never thought you'd have study problems ! ><"

btw .. its janet ! ^^ if you remember .. lol .. =]

L

littlewing69

amarsahinovic said:
its not sms, wtf its msn haaha i cant be bothered writing properly on forums whats the point if u can read it then get over it, im not going to be doing tests with a comp anyway, so its not an issue. Im shit at typing, and im proud. Ur just shit

Nobody can be bothered reading shit like that. I think my eyes started bleeding halfway into that paragraph.

cs01001

HSC
amarsahinovic said:
Dude, its really important to write properly. If you continue to write like that, all these sms/msn...whatever crap you call it will eventually appear in your English school work without you noticing. Its real hard to correct it by then. Take every opportunity to practice writing properly.

Last edited:

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Calm down guys, we don't know why he types like that. He might be an Epsilon.

Remember a soma in time saves nine

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
tamaranadine said:
What is an epsilon? I looked it up but all I got was the fifth letter of the greek alphabet?

(Man I feel stupid now.)
O wonder!...O brave new world, That has such people in't!

cs01001

HSC
~shinigami~ said:
O wonder!...O brave new world, That has such people in't!
BNW? I heard from many seniors that they hate it, lol.

HSC
tamaranadine said:
What is an epsilon? I looked it up but all I got was the fifth letter of the greek alphabet?

(Man I feel stupid now.)
Sounds like we have an Epsilon amongst our ranks.

amarsahinovic

HSC
ok fine ive been beaten ill write normaly from now on, i wouldnt want to cause any more bleeding eyes then i have to. Umm yeh wth is an elipson i dont get it. My spelling is horrible as it is, ill have to work on it, but i dont think its becasue of typing. ive always had issues with it, dont know why. IO can remeber some tings perfictly, liek school work, esp history, but names and pelling just drifts from my mind.

HSC
amarsahinovic said:
ok fine ive been beaten ill write normaly from now on, i wouldnt want to cause any more bleeding eyes then i have to. Umm yeh wth is an elipson i dont get it. My spelling is horrible as it is, ill have to work on it, but i dont think its becasue of typing. ive always had issues with it, dont know why. IO can remeber some tings perfictly, liek school work, esp history, but names and pelling just drifts from my mind.
Your writing still sucks.

I can't be bothered going into it too much, but in 'Brave New world,' the author satirises the class system. the classes are alpha, beta, gamma, delta and epsilon. Alpha's are like elite, and do all the high order thinking things and things that are important in their little world. And basically it goes down in skill levels as you get to betas, all the way to epsilons who are like the worst ppl ever. no hopers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)