A Tip for the Exam.... (1 Viewer)

swordfish

Remember the most important part of PE is knowing your syllabus. If you know that then ur halfway there. It can help to draw a mindmap for each topic, or write the main headings from the syllabus (e.g. physiological adaptations in response to aerobic training) and try to write out the dot points that go with this heading without looking (e.g. Oxygen uptake, resting heart rate, stroke volume/cardiac output, lung capacity, haemoglobin levels, blood pressure). Knowing your syllabus well is really important to do well. For example, last year (i think it was last year, maybe the year before...) there was a question asking for a discussion of the role of supplementation for athletes. The marking centre noted that most candidates talked about vitamins and minerals but did not mention carbohydrate loading, so they were unable to score well. If you know your syllabus you can remember that under the heading 'supplementation' it mentions vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrate loading.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, Very true. Our teacher lived by the syllabus, it basically answers most of the questions itself.

Almost There

my goal in life is to be a trophy north shore mum.
heheh know the sylabus well was a lesson most ppl got in trials when the entire exams was on funding for health care...we are talking 50 marks (long answer q) about justifying it, and how funding is allocated...all this stuff. and those who hadnt learnt sylabus were screwed magorly.

Catey

I agree it is all about the syllabus... however the other 50 % is about being able to use examples and link your response back to the questions asked if you don't do that you can't get band five or six because markers wont give full marks to people who have just basically memorised the text book
PDHPE is about the application of knowledge

chris42

HSC
Yeah I have to agree with you.. Its similar to business studies with the case studies, the unwritten law of PDHPE is to use examples and lots of them!

swordfish

and keywords...always use keywords. Im taking a highlighter into the xam and painting my page

chris42

HSC
Hehe.. I wonder if the markers give extra marks for making the page colourful :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)