ABC's THE CHASER NATIONAL TOUR (1 Viewer)

Laughing stock

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,

I noticed there was a Cirque du Chaser thread below, so I came to post the exciting news that the Chaser boys are doing a national tour of their show Cirque Du CHaser. Thanks to everybody who came to the first show. You're the reason we're doing this tour

So, here's the goss:

After sell-out seasons at the Sydney Big Laugh and Adelaide Cabaret festivals, the team behind the ABC TV series CNNNN and The Chaser Decides are embarking on their first national tour, bringing their stage show, Cirque Du Chaser to audiences in Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, and Canberra this September/October.

Delivering their political satire in the form of stand up comedy, sketch, live music, and video, the double-Logie award winning team returns to their roots and gets back to what theatre is really about: abusing arts grants

“The show actually has nothing to do with Cirque du Soleil”, said Julian Morrow. “We certainly won’t be doing amazing acrobatics or have high production values. But it will be incredibly pretentious and ridiculously over-priced, so there’s a link there I guess.”

Cirque du Chaser has already been critically well received. "Simply brilliant," Advertiser reporter Rebecca Harrington said after watching a rehearsal. "Cirque du Chaser is the funniest show I've seen since I was invented for publicity purposes."

The team plans to deal with the transition to live stage performance by using the same technique that made their TV shows so popular. "We're getting Kath & Kim to do a show immediately before ours" said Morrow.

We report, you believe.

DATES:

Cirque Du Chaser

Sat 17th September
Brisbane Powerhouse
Bookings: 07 3358 8600

Sat 24th September
Illawarra Performing
Arts Centre
Bookings: 02 4226 3366

29th Sept - 2nd Oct
Melbourne
The Malthouse
Bookings: 03 9685 5111
or Fringe Tix

Fri 14th October
Parramatta Riverside
Bookings: 02 8839 3399

Sat 15th October
Civic Theatre Newcastle
Bookings: 02 4929 1977

Sat 22nd October
Canberra Theatre Playhouse
Bookings: 02 6275 2700

For more info, pics and online booking, please go to www.laughingstock.com.au

transcendent

HSC
N/A
wow. the advertisers are really smart these days. anyways if you're lucky this wont get taken down as advertising cause some of the members here are Chaser fans.

Laughing stock

HSC
N/A
Yeah the majority of chaser fans are students in high school and uni. I found this site by googling the chaser, and found guys here talking about the show we did back in March so that's why I put up the post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)