Aboriginal Spirituality (1 Viewer)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
After spending an incredibly exciting day studing Aboriginal spirituality i just a few questions...

1) what is the Rainbow sprit theory, is it just the integration of Aboriginal and Christian belief systems in such a way as to confuse any onlooker who was not at the meeting where it was discussed. and do we need to know about the other Aboriginal theology ststems (nominal and conservative theology and Aboriginal Evangelical fellowship etc).

2) do we need to know about the Native Title amendment and the Howard governments 10 point plan, i have done notes on both but they are not in the textbook, are they really needed.

3) am i the only person that thinks the last two dot points are a bit silly and could be incorporated into previous dot points.

thanks

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
Tenille said:
After spending an incredibly exciting day studing Aboriginal spirituality i just a few questions...

1) what is the Rainbow sprit theory, is it just the integration of Aboriginal and Christian belief systems in such a way as to confuse any onlooker who was not at the meeting where it was discussed. and do we need to know about the other Aboriginal theology ststems (nominal and conservative theology and Aboriginal Evangelical fellowship etc).
meaning in brief
Rainbow Spirit Theology: help rest of Australia tap into Aboriginal theology to offer a new understanding of Christianity for Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal people. Helps bring together Aboriginal world views and Christian theology.

lol confuse onlookers? eh? never heard of that one
no you do not need to know about the other systems as it is not specified in the syllabus, but having extra general knowledge where you can spat out will gain you extra marks in the HSC exam!

2) do we need to know about the Native Title amendment and the Howard governments 10 point plan, i have done notes on both but they are not in the textbook, are they really needed.
YES YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW THIS! MUST KNOW
this relates back to the Mabo and Wik judgement/decision
John Howard put out ten-point plan to put Wik ruling into practice, proposal for drastic limitation of the rights of indigenous people to negotiate.
Oct 1998, Native title amendment Act passed and allowed each sate and Territory to legislate their own native title regimes

lands rights is a big issue for FS1

3) am i the only person that thinks the last two dot points are a bit silly and could be incorporated into previous dot points.

thanks
sorry but i have forgotten the structure of the syllabus but thinking back when i was doing my notes, if i remembed correctly the dot points related quite well together
not to put you into panic mode, which you shouldn't really worry about because i'm sure you will do fine Tenille because i think you have a pretty good knowledge in SOR, but are you sure you have done each dot point correctly?

BTW, good luck with all your exams! only trails don't stress too much
get plenty of sleep!!!!!! no matter what you must sleep before exam and be fresh for it!!
wake up early and read over all your notes don't do it before going to sleep, keeps you awake thinking about it! Read over in morning before exam with a nice cup of coffee

Last edited:

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
ok thanksa babe. i was reading Maquaries and by the time i got to anything past land rights it all sounded vague and the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)