• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Abortion (3 Viewers)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
My personal standpoint is if a woman has an unplanned pregnancy and the man does not desire to be a father he should not be compelled to play any role in the child's life subsequent to conception. If his own values compel him to be part of the child's life that is not the woman's fault.
It is such a reflection of the male oriented way in which society has been constructed that just because a man squeezed out a little jiz he doesn't have an obligation to the woman he had sex with and the new life he created. For you pigs the woman is just an object, a receptacle for the jiz, once his jiz is in her he can decide whether he is a father or not. She must acquiesce to the poor man's feelings when she considers how the new life springing from her womb should be raised... or perhaps you think it was her obligation to begin with. Honestly the way Lentern just framed it you might have thought pregnancy was a 50-50 process, parenting can be I'll grant you but pregnancy is 99% the woman and 1% the man. Any delusions the man might have about not being responsible for the care and support of the child are socially or psychologically constructed and a pregnant woman has more than enough on her plate already, she shouldn't have to worry about accommodating the man's delusions of self importance.

Lentern

HSC
It is such a reflection of the male oriented way in which society has been constructed that just because a man squeezed out a little jiz he doesn't have an obligation to the woman he had sex with and the new life he created. For you pigs the woman is just an object, a receptacle for the jiz, once his jiz is in her he can decide whether he is a father or not. She must acquiesce to the poor man's feelings when she considers how the new life springing from her womb should be raised... or perhaps you think it was her obligation to begin with. Honestly the way Lentern just framed it you might have thought pregnancy was a 50-50 process, parenting can be I'll grant you but pregnancy is 99% the woman and 1% the man. Any delusions the man might have about not being responsible for the care and support of the child are socially or psychologically constructed and a pregnant woman has more than enough on her plate already, she shouldn't have to worry about accommodating the man's delusions of self importance.
I get the impression you think you've made a point here. I could be wrong.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I get the impression you think you've made a point here. I could be wrong.
you think men don't have an obligation to provide for their children, but women do

disgusting.

Annihilist

HSC
There is some room to argue that a man should be able to get an injunction against an abortion, not much but some, but to suggest a woman should be compelled to have one is disgusting.
Of course. I'm not saying that at all. Both parties should agree. If they cannot agree, woman gets the final say, because at the end of the day it is her body.

I've already said that somewhere but I feel the need to clarify as simply as possible.

Abortion should be compulsory.

Srs. I hate kids (below the age of 8).
I love this.

Zero Child Policy.

Lentern

HSC
Of course. I'm not saying that at all. Both parties should agree. If they cannot agree, woman gets the final say, because at the end of the day it is her body.

I've already said that somewhere but I feel the need to clarify as simply as possible.
If they agree then there is no competing claim to consider. Gosh.

Annihilist

HSC
If they agree then there is no competing claim to consider. Gosh.
Yeah that's exactly what I said. And the alternative is they don't agree.

In the case of a disagreement: if the woman wants an abortion, she should have one. If she wants to keep the child, she should keep it, but the man should not be obliged to pay.

I'm not sure that needed further clarification.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
The word tenuous doesn't seem strong enough.
you think that because a man might not have intended it, its his decision on whether to care for it, but by virtue of having a parasitic clump of cells occupying her womb, a woman has an obligation to care for a child when it manages to claw its way out.

Annihilist

HSC
you think that because a man might not have intended it, its his decision on whether to care for it, but by virtue of having a parasitic clump of cells occupying her womb, a woman has an obligation to care for a child when it manages to claw its way out.
She's not obliged to have it if she cannot support it financially.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
I believe she should receive considerable support from the state of course.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I believe she should receive considerable support from the state of course.
this is how insidious your beliefs really are

you think that a woman should be shackled to her biology and arbitrary social whims, and indentured to the (patriarchal) state. furthermore, at the end of the day she should be thankful for having the right to be treated like cattle, while men should roam free and sow their seed.

truly outrageous

Last edited:

Annihilist

HSC

you think that a woman should be shackled to her biology and arbitrary social whims, and indentured to the (patriarchal) state. furthermore, at the end of the day she should be thankful for having the right to be treated like cattle, while men should roam free and sow their seed.

truly outrageous
Straw man.

Lentern

HSC

truly outrageous
This is the sort of crass caricaturing you get from miserable little men desperate to maintain the skewed status quo because of their inability to make anything of themselves in a truly fair society.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
This is the sort of crass caricaturing you get from miserable little men desperate to maintain the skewed status quo because of their inability to make anything of themselves in a truly fair society.
i think you need to read this sentence over again, because you're the one defending the status quo, not me, and thus you, not I, are the desperate little man

you think that a man should have no obligation to support an unintended child
you think a woman should have an obligation to support an unintended child, and should thereupon be bonded to the violent authority that legislates and enforces this obligation

and i'm the enemy of a truly fair society? open your eyes buttercup.

Annihilist

HSC
i think you need to read this sentence over again, because you're the one defending the status quo, not me, and thus you, not I, are the desperate little man

Yes

you think a woman should have an obligation to support an unintended child, and should thereupon be bonded to the violent authority that legislates and enforces this obligation
If she wants to keep the child then yes, she should be obliged to support it. That's a no brainer. There is no need to enforce this. She should not be obliged to keep the child, however.

Lentern

HSC

and i'm the enemy of a truly fair society? open your eyes buttercup.
OMG Shutup already!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)