About the ESSAYS (1 Viewer)

DaRanjed

Are you all just choosing some topics/issues such as
1. Marriage
2. Domestic Violence
3. Surrogacy

and remembering notes on those?

If the question is narrow (e.g something about Contracts in the Consumer essay), then I'm screwed.

Are you all just jotting down cases and legislation in your notes under the 3 or 4 issues you picked?

digmahstigma

HSC
i think ill do rights of the child and dissolution of marriage + advos or something

i think its better to have cases for everything, just in case

even if u just throw them in as long as u can show that u know why its relevant theyll give u props for that

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
dont you have to bring up as many issues as u can?

1 of the questions are usually evaluate the effectiveness.. does that mean u bring up an issue and evalute the effectiveness of that or do u forget about those topics and do it in 1equality 2 resource efficency..etc. that way?

digmahstigma

HSC
i think what id do is be like, "this is what would constitute as an effective legal system" or whatever and mention all those things

and then deal with that with regards to a specific issue or issues

but do the first bit briefly, spend more time on the issues. cos that shows understanding as opposed to regurgitation

HSC
SKA said:
dont you have to bring up as many issues as u can?

1 of the questions are usually evaluate the effectiveness.. does that mean u bring up an issue and evalute the effectiveness of that or do u forget about those topics and do it in 1equality 2 resource efficency..etc. that way?
how many different concepts of justice do u reckon we need to relate to?
I think i just have access, equality and human rights prepared for family law

DaRanjed

My world's just gone blurry.

So you're gonna set your essay like this:

1. Equality
2. Accessibility
3. Resource efficiency

Instead of

1. Divorce
2. Domestic Violence
3. Children

digmahstigma

HSC
nono lol id do the second option

it works better for me

otherwise ill try and talk abt everything

speaking of which is that what they want?? :(

digmahstigma

HSC
daranjed, im clinging onto you because u seem to be as lost as i am

of course that might just be an act to put me off guard but i DONT FUCKING CARE COS IM FUCKING FREAKING OUT THIS IS CRAZY HARD

MouNtY

DaRanjed said:
My world's just gone blurry.

So you're gonna set your essay like this:

1. Equality
2. Accessibility
3. Resource efficiency

Instead of

1. Divorce
2. Domestic Violence
3. Children
i'd be more likely to use the first option. I'd have equality and then use a few issues that'll fit into that category, and seeing as we're talkin abt family, i'd probably use, same-sex relationships, and de-facto relationships..........and then for accessibility i'd use something else that fits into that category. like ummm....i dunno.....accessibility to the family law court or something....but then off course i'd have to relate it all back to the question.....

it looks confusing the way i did it.........but that's how i do it.......and it's always worked for me

Bone577

HSC
N/A
What happened to enforcability?

You can throw around things about the reporting of domestic violence (the lack of reporting that is) and the how it is unlikely for the victim to testify.

Well i think i'm correct, but im lost aswell.

kelboo

HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
i'd be more likely to use the first option. I'd have equality and then use a few issues that'll fit into that category, and seeing as we're talkin abt family, i'd probably use, same-sex relationships, and de-facto relationships..........and then for accessibility i'd use something else that fits into that category. like ummm....i dunno.....accessibility to the family law court or something....but then off course i'd have to relate it all back to the question.....

it looks confusing the way i did it.........but that's how i do it.......and it's always worked for me

If you can make all of your study notes concise enough to fit into this specific category, then that'll be fine, but you really have to know your stuff!!
You also need to come up with HEEPS of examples on each topic bit in order to fill enough pages up to at least make it LOOK like an essay.....

I'm off now to go and memorise some more legal crap.

MouNtY

Bone577 said:
What happened to enforcability?

You can throw around things about the reporting of domestic violence (the lack of reporting that is) and the how it is unlikely for the victim to testify.

Well i think i'm correct, but im lost aswell.
yeah that's about right.. :uhhuh:

and then you've got the other ones as well....like resource efficiency........like not enough police to enforce AVO's, and just ramble on about how there' isn't enough resources to be able to make the system as effective as it could be.....and of coursse, relate it back to the question :uhhuh:

Confuzzled

I've done it like the first option with equality, accessibility, enforceability, resource efficiency & protection/recognition etc. Having issues to do with that. equality - de facto same-sex , accessibility - limitations in rural areas, enforceability - child maintanance & AVOs, resource efficiency - family court & protection/recognition - AVOs and CROC...I guess
Then I did the same for law reform with changing social values, new technology, international law & failure of existing law etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)