about uts bachelor of nursing makeup (1 Viewer)

S

studynursing

Hi all mates, I look for some information about bachelor of nursing full-time 3 years at UTS.

course structure is attached at the end.

My question is that: if student pass the first 1.5 years study and pass all subjects except that one subject such as 92194 Adult Nursing: Renal and Reproductive fail or withdraw. Does this mean that student have no choice but to study 4 years to graduate?

In the the second semester of year two, can student study 92194 Adult Nursing: Renal and Reproductive together with other normal subjects in this semester such as 91534 Fundamentals of Pathophysiology4, 92236 Foundations of Mental Health Nursing 92237 Primary Health Care 92238 Adult Nursing: Cellular Alterations . If this is permitted, student still only 3 yrs to graduate. Is this permitted in UTS?

What is correct? I look for guide.

course structure:
Year 1
Autumn semester
91531 Fundamentals of Pathophysiology
92009 The Discipline of Nursing
92191 Adult Nursing: Cardiovascular
92192 Adult Nursing: Respiratory
Spring semester
91532 Fundamentals of Pathophysiology
92011 Nursing Relationships
92194 Adult Nursing: Renal and Reproductive
92195 Adult Nursing: GIT and Orthopaedic
Year 2
Autumn semester
91533 Fundamentals of Pathophysiology
92239 Foundations of Children's Nursing
92240 The Family in Health and Illness
92248 Adult Nursing: Neuro-endocrine
Spring semester
91534 Fundamentals of Pathophysiology
92236 Foundations of Mental Health Nursing
92237 Primary Health Care
92238 Adult Nursing: Cellular Alterations
Year 3

S

studynursing

Please give me answer, because I have applied through UAC and hope to study at UTS 2010.

It seems that many uts nursing students fail in their subjects and they are unwilling to give suggestion.

absolutepureobl

manic monday
HSC
I think you can do what you have described with permission from the subject coordinator. If you put in the effort, you will not fail. If you get to the final semester of the degree and you have one class remaining they give you make-up work to complete rather than make you re-take the class.

georgie11

HSC
Hey, I just finished my first year of nursing at UTS. The course has changed for next year so check out the handbook to see the new structure. As for failing, You can repeat the failed subject the next year ontop of your normal planned subjects when its offered as long as you get approval from the co-ordinator, the staff are really nice though and if your attendance is good and you practise your skills your unlikely to fail. Most of the people that I know who failed this year were people who hadnt done any science at school cos they just couldnt grasp the patho but I think they've changed it so theres no science in 1st year now.
Goodluck!
Georgie.

HSC
Yep your correct just looked at the handbook and it is completely changed, not sure if it is as good as the old course as i have just completed it. There seems to be nomore sub-majors offered as patho is pushed back to yrs 2-3 instead of yrs 1-2.

However having said this, if u have already completed your 1st yr, that prob means u will still go on some of the old subjects due to this change up with the science subjects...

UTS:C10122v10 Bachelor of Nursing - Nursing, Midwifery and Health,UTS Handbook 2010 thats the faculty handbook

kuringgai

HSC
we heard that certain percent of students must fail, is that true?

georgie11

HSC
i think thats got to do with all the bell curve stuff
if you get good enough marks 50 % or over you cant fail, they dont fail people because they 'have' to, they just mark evenly using criteria and in effect some people will fail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)