• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

about UWS parking (1 Viewer)

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
well, $50 seems very nice, but would going by train be better? you might pay a bit more (prolly $200 p/year if your getting return tix) but at least you can be certain that you will have a "reserved" parking spot (permit for reserved is abut $130), and not only that but you wont worry that your lecture will start and you are still waiting for that nerdy kid that just got his P's to reverse park into 2 parking spots :rolleyes:

edit: heh, i guess i mistook weeks for days. but $200 p/year still is OK. i can get that in 2 weeks if i just watch everyone working and shouting at me to haul ass over to them :)

i want to drive to uni, but now im not so sure, ever since i saw how close the station is on the road map.

edit 2: uhhh... how do you put a strikethrough over a word? isnt it like this? meh, never mind.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It depends, I am going to two campuses in a day some times so really i'd be buying a lot of train and bus tickets, plus it would take double the time, but yeh for some people it would be less stressful to public transport it.

L

LaraB

veterandoggy said:
well, $50 seems very nice, but would going by train be better? you might pay a bit more (prolly $200 p/year if your getting return tix) but at least you can be certain that you will have a "reserved" parking spot (permit for reserved is abut $130), and not only that but you wont worry that your lecture will start and you are still waiting for that nerdy kid that just got his P's to reverse park into 2 parking spots :rolleyes:

edit: heh, i guess i mistook weeks for days. but $200 p/year still is OK. i can get that in 2 weeks if i just watch everyone working and shouting at me to haul ass over to them :)

i want to drive to uni, but now im not so sure, ever since i saw how close the station is on the road map.

edit 2: uhhh... how do you put a strikethrough over a word? isnt it like this? meh, never mind.
no train's not better... if you have heaps of books or major work type stuff to bring with you - especially on hot and rainy days - you do not want to have to manouevre around rude people on public transport..

and it'll cost more in the end... eg - i'll be at uni 4 days a week all year... that's 112 days.... never mind the train, the bus from parra station 2 the campus will alone cost me around $120!!! then add a few hundred for train over the yera.. that's waaaaay more for me than the parking ticket+petrol...

and - then if you wanna come in on days you don't have uni to do research or hand stuff in, you gotta add that to the total.. whereas i'll be paying just my $49.50+petrol rather than hundreds and hundreds:p

depends on where you're coming from but most people seem to say it's better value and more convenient if you drive..

and besides - by about week6 when people figure out wat classes they don't need to attend:p there'll be plenty! of parking spaces.. only the first few weeks are packed so you just gotta get there with an exatr 20 minutes to find a spot.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i live about 10 minutes away from campbelltown campus. i dont have much choice but to drive. and dad says he buying me a smaller car. my car's petrol use is ridiculous

L

LaraB

Shell said:
i live about 10 minutes away from campbelltown campus. i dont have much choice but to drive. and dad says he buying me a smaller car. my car's petrol use is ridiculous
lol so jealous - a) you live so lcose to campus:p b) you're getting bought a car! lol and c) you're getting bought a car so you can save even more money lol

wanna trade?:p

Jiga

It will cost me like $13 a week to go by train, and like $35 by car..... but Im still goin by car, the train is crap because you have to take a bag with you full of heavy arse text books, its hot or cold, if you have a 1hr break in between tutes/lectures you havent got a car to go anywhere with (If your friends aernt around) etc etc etc.

As for getting a permit, I dont know why people are in such a rush to get them via mail, they dont crack down on it for like a month or so :wave:

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
LaraB said:
lol so jealous - a) you live so lcose to campus:p b) you're getting bought a car! lol and c) you're getting bought a car so you can save even more money lol

wanna trade?:p
lol yeah but my current car is my baby!! i will be so shattered to have to drive something else. hes just too expensive. :( but i still love my car to death. its not me if im driving anything else but my massive XE!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You don't want to go by train, especially if you can drive. It costs me $27 a week by train, and i dunno how much for the bus as well, if i'm feeling lazy, plus 6 hours a day traveling. But yeah, if your at the Hawkesbury campus, last year they didn't check the stickers.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
i didnt buy a ticket all year at uws bankstown.. i only got a warning sticker! <3 uws

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)