Absolute FAIL in combating Muslim stereotypes.... (1 Viewer)

yld

HSC
um you mean groups like hamas, and hezballah and others? Because from what i've seen, most Muslims support these groups, and believe that they're fighting for the religion. If you're thinking of people bombing the london stuff, then that's different. :/
people bombing london nd stuff.
i dont know much about hamas and hezballah. and i dont know many muslims who follow them. most muslims just follow their believes of what islam is and not other groups like hezbullah.

isnt hamas fighting for palestine?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
i dont know much about hamas and hezballah. and i dont know many muslims who follow them. most muslims just follow their believes of what islam is and not other groups like hezbullah.

Yes, Hamas is fighting for Palestine. They're still Muslims though. And a lot of Palestinians in Gaza support Hamas, especially since December, thanks to their unwavering opposition to Israel, as opposed to Abbas' appeasement of the Israeli war machine. Most Lebanese Muslims also support Hezbollah's continuous fight against Israel for similar reasons.
And the radical international terrosits, such as al-Qaeda, Jeemah Islamiyah and others have a lot more ground support in the Muslim world than you'd think. Proportionately way more than if similar groups existed to advance any other country or region's ideology in a violent manner.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
Yes, Hamas is fighting for Palestine. They're still Muslims though. And a lot of Palestinians in Gaza support Hamas, especially since December, thanks to their unwavering opposition to Israel, as opposed to Abbas' appeasement of the Israeli war machine. Most Lebanese Muslims also support Hezbollah's continuous fight against Israel for similar reasons.
As Israel's rockets fell, Gaza civilians also had problems with Hamas | theage.com.au

I read another article a week or two ago which I can't find (from The Age) that also shows a poll which showed support for Hamas in Gaza took a huge dive after the conflict.

But you're right, most Muslims support groups like Hamas and Hezbollah. The Jewish and Muslim communities here in Victoria always go nuts at each other whenever a conflict in Israel arises as the majority of the Muslim community always jumps to support Hezbollah and Hamas (there were even some Hezbollah flags at a recent rally) and the majority of the Jewish community always steadfastly supports Israel.

HSC

Hamas is fighting for Palestine. Hezballah is a politcial party but they have been involved in the Hamas /Israel thing, and the only reason people don't support them is because of the sect they're involved in.

What's the difference?
I've no clue what Muslims you know, but every Muslim i know supports them when they go to war with Israel because 'they're standing up for the religion'.

basically what moll. said :)

RogueAcademic

HSC
N/A
I read another article a week or two ago which I can't find (from The Age) that also shows a poll which showed support for Hamas in Gaza took a huge dive after the conflict.
It can't possibly come down to something as simple as "gross lack of foresight", can it?

That the Palestinian masses who supported Hamas actually believed that Hamas' violent methods of political persuasion was the right way to resolving the issues at hand?

And that after suffering the consequences, they are only now realising that it isn't working*, that it wasn't going to work anyway?

*It really doesn't take a genius to work that out.

yld

HSC
And the radical international terrosits, such as al-Qaeda, Jeemah Islamiyah and others have a lot more ground support in the Muslim world than you'd think. Proportionately way more than if similar groups existed to advance any other country or region's ideology in a violent manner.
well if they are fighting for the palestinans; well i would support them aswell; because i dont think its was okay of israel to bomb UN schools for kids. my simple opinion i guess.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
well if they are fighting for the palestinans; well i would support them aswell; because i dont think its was okay of israel to bomb UN schools for kids. my simple opinion i guess.
That was proven false.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
by who?

-still doesnt make their atttack on gaza- killing 900 people okay
By the UN. They admitted that the bomb hadn't hit the school.

yld

HSC
Not the only thing that was disproved.
quote]

dude you took that of a isreali/jewish website
do really think they are gonna say "aye we killed 900 people in 4 weeks"?
be realistic
ofcourse they are going 2 write such articles to make themselves look good.

still doesnt make their actions right.
when you can come 2me and say that its okay to this (photo attached) ill support you

Last edited:

yld

HSC
By the UN. They admitted that the bomb hadn't hit the school.
REALLY when? was it on tv? news? their website
i checked the website and there was nothing about them admitting that the bomb hadnt hit the school. and i havent heard anything about it on tv/news (i watch and follow both because of legal studies)

can you please forward me the link 2 where you heard that piece of information; i just dont seem factual

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
REALLY when? was it on tv? news? their website
i checked the website and there was nothing about them admitting that the bomb hadnt hit the school. and i havent heard anything about it on tv/news (i watch and follow both because of legal studies)

can you please forward me the link 2 where you heard that piece of information; i just dont seem factual
ReliefWeb Document OPT: Field Update on Gaza from the Humanitarian Coordinator 30 Jan - 02 Feb 2009 as of 17:00
UN backtracks on claim that deadly IDF strike hit Gaza school - Haaretz - Israel News
2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you want any more, Google it.

JonathanM

Antagonist
HSC
be realistic
And the the "900+ civilians" death toll is sourced from Hamas, do you expect them to say that they lost so many military casualties?

The Jerusalem Post is one of the most respected English newspapers in the world due to the effort they go to to refrain from any bias. Even so, assuming they are biased, their claims are just as good as Hamas's claims.

when you can come 2me and say that its okay to this (photo attached) ill support you
Completely irrelevant. I can't stand people who post those pictures. I could just as easily post pictures of wounded/dead Israelis or ruined schools and ask you the same question. It means nothing.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
This has nothing to do with Islam or the Quran beacause it does not call for ex-wives to be fucking beheaded.

Not to say that Islam is a flawless religion. If you are going to criticise it then scruntise verses like:

Example six from surat Al Nissa (Q.4)
Q.4: 34 ….As to those women on whose part you see ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful)

AFAIK It says nothing abouting beheading a woman when she tries to leave you, this guy was just a psycho.

Last edited:

boris

Banned
HSC
Not the only thing that was disproved.
quote]

be realistic

TBH 900 people dead in a 4 week war is pretty good. Its war, cunts get killed. Quit your whinging. Fuck off over there if you hate freedom so much.

yld

HSC

yld

HSC
TBH 900 people dead in a 4 week war is pretty good. Its war, cunts get killed. Quit your whinging. Fuck off over there if you hate freedom so much.
oh so to ur calculations ummm 900 innocent people dead = freedom?
sorry is that what freedom means and since when? every heard of freedom to live? to shelter? to be safe? which are basically all human rights.

and last i remember australia is not a place which celebrates the death of 900 people and calls it "freedom". so actually .. .... .. why dont you get out of here.:jaw:

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
oh so to ur calculations ummm 900 innocent people dead = freedom?
sorry is that what freedom means and since when? every heard of freedom to live? to shelter? to be safe? which are basically all human rights.

and last i remember australia is not a place which celebrates the death of 900 people and calls it "freedom". so actually .. .... .. why dont you get out of here.:jaw:
why do you hate freedom so?

the freedom afforded to you by this great country, austraila, the one you want to blow up, is what allows you to speak your mind and control your own life. without the fear of being stoned to death for being raped etc. why do you hate it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)