Academic Attainment Lecture--Did anyone go? (1 Viewer)

steffiduck

HSC
I went to the lecture on the 11th of march, and it was sooo boring. over half of our economics class went (nine peoplefrom class of 17), and by the last hour, there was only 3 of us left, and most of the other people sitting in the theatre looked as if they were trying really really hard not to :sleep: .

i mean, the notes where good (to some degree- they were pretty up to date), but i'm not sure i'd go to the second lecture for topic 3 and 4.

and it was so pathetic how ross gittins came in and promoted his own book (basically "you are my target market. buy my book"). i must say it was an absolute waste of my sunday.

any thoughts?

Last edited:

steffiduck

HSC
yeh, it was on sunday the 11th of march at Syd Uni.

Gittins came for about 10 mins to promote and sign his books.

the dates of the other lectures are 10 June (topics 3 and 4) and then two sundays in the july holidays for topic 1&2 (1 july 07) and 3&4(8 july 2007)

if your interested, ask your economics teacher about it (sorry i can't be more helpful)

i recorded most of the lecture...(almost everything but the last hour), but he's basically paraphrasing the notes he gave us

but its not the same without the visuals (he had a cartoon for almost every point he was making)

Last edited:

Zozo6969

HSC
Ross "the Guru" Gittens ay. went to the chatswood leading edge one, shit boringg. tim riley and tim dixon were there who both created 2 textbooks used in the hsc, dunno who the others were.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)