• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Academic Awards (1 Viewer)

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Anyone ever gotten one? Anyone ever attend a ceremony? Discuss.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Somehow I don't think the OP meant high school awards, Brant.

Then again, who am I to know what Marmalade thinks? I won an English prize at school and a Maths prize in the Westpac comp once. Oh and a Premiers' Award. That ceremony was cool. Cool glass trophy too. Hope that helps, Marmalade.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
Spot on, Frigid. I don't mean high school awards. Everyone has those.

I mean uni awards for getting the best score in a subject, having the best thesis or whatever.

circusmind

HSC
i've gotten one. maybe maybe in the running for one this semester as well. but now i've jinxed it.

Lara1986

HSC
I've gotten one previously, and will be receiving another in the next ceremony for attaining 1st place in units.

Anything in particular that you wanted to know/discuss?

If you want to know what kinds of things you actually receive, I got, from memory either $500 or $1000 as a prize for the one i received previously and I'm told the Family Law one I will be receiving has some sort of prize too.

Marmalade.

HSC
N/A
I wondered whether it was important to attend the ceremony. It's from a university that I've transferred out of, and the firm sponsor is one that I will probably apply to for seasonals, but it's not one of my favourites. I'd much prefer just contacting the firm and thanking them.

Congrats on getting two, Lara.

Lara1986

HSC

Particularly as you no longer attend the uni, I wouldn't think it would be too big of a deal if you didn't go. Sending a letter of thanks is a great idea, since in a way that takes more effort and thought than just turning up so i'm sure they won't hold it against you :) Perhaps too if you do apply for any sort of employment with them, they may be mor elikely to remember your name from a letter than from a presentation night (if they attend multuple ones).

Congrats to you too.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Hah well I won like all my the awards for I think 5 of the 7 subjects I took and took out 2 Premier's Awards

Lara1986

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Hah well I won like all my the awards for I think 5 of the 7 subjects I took and took out 2 Premier's Awards
I'm assuming you are referring to high school awards?

We are referring to university awards :)

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Er Frigid was talking about Premier's Award
Okay I won class prizes and Dean's honours also in university.
And do you think i was on a scholarship with 2 Premier's Awards?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Omnidragon said:
Okay I won class prizes and Dean's honours also in university.
omnidragon is one of the smartest law people i know. don't fuck with him :shy:

Lara1986

HSC
Omnidragon - just pointed it out given the post that followed Frigid's -->

Marmalade. said:
Spot on, Frigid. I don't mean high school awards. Everyone has those.

I mean uni awards for getting the best score in a subject, having the best thesis or whatever.
Just thought you may have missed that but meh, doesn't matter :)

I may be reading into your reply too much - but - I wasn't inferring that you wouldn't have received awards, scholarships or whatever else alike others of us who posted replies, if that's what you thought I was inferring.

Last edited:

Xytech

HSC
N/A
Frigid said:
I don't care how supposedly smart he is; the misplaced arrogance oozing out of him is disgusting.

travelfish

HSC
Frigid said:
Unfortunately, if his posts are a true reflection of his person, his smartness in law seems to have come at the cost of other commonly valued attributes of character.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Xytech said:
I don't care how supposedly smart he is; the misplaced arrogance oozing out of him is disgusting.
Yea Frigid and I go back a long way. Course he knows I'm the smartest.

The arrogance? What arrogance? The stench of jealousy flowing from you is making me lose my appetite, kid. hahahahahaha. Good luck graduating.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
travelfish said:
Unfortunately, if his posts are a true reflection of his person, his smartness in law seems to have come at the cost of other commonly valued attributes of character.
Whoa what a long-winded way of saying it. Commonly valued attributes of character. Are you a barrister or something?

travelfish

HSC
Omnidragon said:
Whoa what a long-winded way of saying it. Commonly valued attributes of character. Are you a barrister or something?
I find it interesting that in your reply you don't object to the content of my statement at all. Perhaps not quite as law smart as we were lead to believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)