• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Academic Scholarships? (1 Viewer)

kloudsurfer

HSC
Hey,

Ive been researching the UWS Academic Excellence Scholarships, and im hoping to get one for 2009 (i deferred my course). I was just wondering what my chances of getting one are. Do they give a lot of them out? What UAI do you need realistically to get one, is it just those who get like 99? I got 97.4, would i have a chance?

Im hoping that not that many people would be eligible for it considering 1) its UWS, 2) you have to apply by the end of July and most people probably would have missed the deadline, and 3) its UWS!

Any info would be great.

Thanks

amythyst

HSC
smart start scholarships are only available to HSC students applying to study the year after they commence the course...unfortunately, if you defer, you wont be eligible for this one...

but...in relation to academic excellence, check what the requirements are listed as http://future.uws.edu.au/scholarships and u can email scholarships direct to discuss eligibility scholarships@uws.edu.au

hope the information helps and good luck with your scholarships application

lorikeet

New Year's Eve
HSC
UWS these last few years has been really pushing their scholarships (you might have seen an ad they put out in movie theatres about how they've got like 40 million bucks worth - seriously), and I heard that for 2008 not enough people applied for them all to be used, so yeah, with 97.4 you're definately in with a good shot. Look on their website, they've got an academic achievement one for people 90 plus. I'm not sure if you had to apply the year you finished school or not, but it's 5000 per annum for 4 years or something.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Thanks for the info guys.

The 5000 per annum for Academic Acheivement one is the one im talking about. Will apply when application open later in the yr...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)