Accelerated 3 unit maths help!! (1 Viewer)

nealos

HSC
HI
i was just wondering , with a rank of 15/37 for 3 unit and go to a skol in the top 100-125 range, is it still possible to gte a course mark of above 40/50 for this subject.?
And if so what mark would i roughly need?

thanks heaps

Neale

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Re: excelLerated 3 unit maths help!!

*accelerated (in thread title) :)

It's definitely possible to achieve 40/50+. Your external exam counts towards 50% and therefore affects your final aligned mark significantly. Not sure about the type of mark you need but just do your best and practice as much as you can with past papers.

Affinity

HSC

you can do it again next year if you muck up

fishy89sg

HSC

consider the same scenario but with a school thats ranked 3xx, than what happens?

P

pLuvia

Anything is possible whatever school you go to, as long as you do well, and the top people are also very good, then you can get any mark.

fishy89sg

HSC
if somebody picks all hardass subjects, but theyre school is almost last, and they get 100 for every subject, would heir UAI still be 100

Jamo-S

HSC
fishy89sg said:
if somebody picks all hardass subjects, but theyre school is almost last, and they get 100 for every subject, would heir UAI still be 100
Not always. Your UAI is also dependant on how well your cohort does. If they do crap, your UAI will be scaled accordingly to their standards.

alexvincent

HSC
nealos said:
HI
i was just wondering , with a rank of 15/37 for 3 unit and go to a skol in the top 100-125 range, is it still possible to gte a course mark of above 40/50 for this subject.?

thanks heaps

Neale
I would even go as far as to say it's still possible to get a mark 45+/50. I did 3u accelerated last year so here are some stats.

Trial mark: 57%
Final rank: 11/~42
Final raw asessment mark: 33/50

Asessment mark: 45/50
Exam mark: 46/50
HSC mark: 46/50 E4

I think about 2-4 of the students in the top ten missed out on an E4. The student (accelerator too) whose final rank was 7th and got a trial mark of ~70% only got a 43/50. The student ranked 15th (accelerator too) got around 52% in the trial and got an HSC mark 44/50. So you can see beating those above you is definitely possible.

School rank: ~150. This can be very deceiving. Some schools are moderated generously for a particular subject because in past years they have shown that they as a cohort perform pretty well every year in that particular subject.

I think these figures should help you out. Either way, keep working hard because 3u maths has generous scaling for what is a fairly easy subject (for the moderately bright student). As an accelerated student I think you should be expected to get an E4. If you think it's hard now, next year you will realise how easy it is when you have more HSC subjects to deal with.

klaw

HSC
nealos said:
HI

thanks heaps

Neale
Last yr I was ranked 21st at your school. I got 41/50 as my assessment mark.

This being said, it is very likely that the abilities of the two year groups are very different. Our internal assessments this year have been set way too easy for an extension exam and it is evident from our trial results that most people still have much to learn. That being said, I estimate that around 10 ppl at our school know what they're doing and will do well.

thepiman

HSC
3Unit is possibly the easiest subject in the entire HSC in which you can score the highest band. I did the 3Unit course in Year10(3 months to learn it), and I got 45/50 ( 2nd time round, I scored 99/100). In general, I believe that if you score 58 out of 84 raw, you will get 45. Second time round though, if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself. Use this year as a learning experience, because the work will be sooooo easy for you next year.... compared to 4Unit. UUurgh!

gamecw

HSC
thepiman said:
3Unit is possibly the easiest subject in the entire HSC in which you can score the highest band.

In general, I believe that if you score 58 out of 84 raw, you will get 45.

if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself!
it really depends on whos doing the course..

and 58/84 gets u an E4? isnt that way too low? unless it was a hard test?

lol so according to u, atleast 90% of the Candidates shud commit suicide every year..

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
gamecw said:
thepiman said:
3Unit is possibly the easiest subject in the entire HSC in which you can score the highest band.

In general, I believe that if you score 58 out of 84 raw, you will get 45.

if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself!
lol so according to u, atleast 90% of the Candidates shud commit suicide every year..
Ah you're quoting him out of context... the whole sentence was.. second time round, if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself!

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
thepiman said:
3Unit is possibly the easiest subject in the entire HSC in which you can score the highest band. I did the 3Unit course in Year10(3 months to learn it), and I got 45/50 ( 2nd time round, I scored 99/100). In general, I believe that if you score 58 out of 84 raw, you will get 45. Second time round though, if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself. Use this year as a learning experience, because the work will be sooooo easy for you next year.... compared to 4Unit. UUurgh!
damn. that's all i can say.

alexvincent

HSC
What school has accelerated 3u in yr 10? That probably means you did accelerated 4u in yr 11 right?

Could you tell me about the marks you got to get 99/100?
Rank, raw assessment mark, trial mark.

Thanks

Last edited:

gamecw

HSC
Affinity said:
Ah you're quoting him out of context... the whole sentence was.. second time round, if you do not get at least 97, you should shoot yourself!
arr i see my mistake...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)