• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Accelerated Extension 2 maths? (1 Viewer)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
No, most definetely not Asian. As caucasian as you can get.
Thing is, he is an allround boy - he excells at everything he does. As far as i know, he speaks fluent German as well, and wins trophies for taekwando. So he is not one of those introverted geeky losers, infact the opposite - an egotistical bastard! Not that he doesnt have reason to.
I present to you Philipp Allgeuer.
Do a Google search, you'll find a bunch of results

Last edited:

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Sphyx said:
No, most definetely not Asian. As caucasian as you can get.
Thing is, he is an allround boy - he excells at everything he does. As far as i know, he speaks fluent German as well, and wins trophies for taekwando. So he is not one of those introverted geeky losers, infact the opposite - an egotistical bastard! Not that he doesnt have reason to.
I present to you Philipp Allgeuer.
Do a Google search, you'll find a bunch of results
An egotistical bastard i.e:
- he boasts?
- he's condescending?

His achievements are certainly something to be proud of, but generally I believe that regardless of academic ability one shouldn't sacrifice one's humility for it.

firehose

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
An egotistical bastard i.e:
- he boasts?
- he's condescending?

His achievements are certainly something to be proud of, but generally I believe that regardless of academic ability one shouldn't sacrifice one's humility for it.
So true. If he is truly the most arrogant bastard then nobody will appreciate him in the real world. But my congratulations to him for all his achievements.

Nobody accelerating 4unit in my school except for this 12 yr-old asian kid... he's accelerating in year9 for all his other subjects. another freak.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
firehose said:
Nobody accelerating 4unit in my school except for this 12 yr-old asian kid... he's accelerating in year9 for all his other subjects. another freak.
As in, he's doing all of his HSC subjects in Yr 9??? :confused: (incl 4U???)

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
no, he doesnt really boast. he has a sort of an aura around him in that everyone realises his greatness, he doesnt need to state it. he demands constant attention also, but that is probably more a mark of his mental age, he is after all, only 12 or something. he behaves like a normal 12 year old in every way.

he is certainly condescending. in class for eg. when he is miles ahead of most, he tends to groan if people ask questions the answers to which are obvious to him.

saying he is an egotistical bastard was probably an unfair exaggeration on my part.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Sphyx said:
no, he doesnt really boast. he has a sort of an aura around him in that everyone realises his greatness, he doesnt need to state it. he demands constant attention also, but that is probably more a mark of his mental age, he is after all, only 12 or something. he behaves like a normal 12 year old in every way.

he is certainly condescending. in class for eg. when he is miles ahead of most, he tends to groan if people ask questions the answers to which are obvious to him.

saying he is an egotistical bastard was probably an unfair exaggeration on my part.
Hehe - well, your use of hyperbole was definitely effective :)

Does your teacher like him or loathe him? It'd have to be one or the other...there can be nothing in between.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Hehe - well, your use of hyperbole was definitely effective :)

Does your teacher like him or loathe him? It'd have to be one or the other...there can be nothing in between.
my teacher is head of maths, and believe me when Philipp joined our class this year he was intimidated, simply because he would constantly point out any mistakes my teacher made, or ask questions that he wouldnt have answers to.

Now i think he has just gotten used to him and his annoying ways, and he realises the potential this kid has. I still feel sorry for the poor man - Philipp being only 12 is at least on par with him.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Sphyx said:
my teacher is head of maths, and believe me when Philipp joined our class this year he was intimidated, simply because he would constantly point out any mistakes my teacher made, or ask questions that he wouldnt have answers to.

Now i think he has just gotten used to him and his annoying ways, and he realises the potential this kid has. I still feel sorry for the poor man - Philipp being only 12 is at least on par with him.
I can see why a teacher (the head teacher at that) might feel intimdated, not to mention the students. Though I guess the kid's also an invaluable resource.

Btw. what school is this?

CrashOveride

HSC
i heard, but this is probbaly false, some girl at ruse took mx2 like in yr7 or 8 and got band 6?

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
yes, he has come first in maths in my year every year since year 8 (i mean he was doing year 8 maths, and i guess he was in year 5 for all his other subjects, even though he was meant to be in year 3. if that makes any sense :rolleyes: )

This is at Hunter Valley Grammar, and you can bet your money they are trying to hold onto him as hard as they can, ie 100% scholarship.
I dont think it worries him what school he goes to at this stage - he will get 4 units out of the way already by the time he STARTS year 10. maybe thats when his family will consider moving him to a more academically reknown school.

ishq

brown?
HSC
We have Year 11's who do 4U with us - there is 5 of them and 6 of us ;). The fact that we share classes is a source of annoyance to many of the seniors, as they feel 'intimidated' and 'unable to concentrate'.
:D

Pride is Sin!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Captain pi said:
Pedantically: This is unlikely, as there is no band 6 in 15260.
On that note, if you do MX2 are MX1 and MX2 marks reported as Band E4s etc. or Band 6s etc. ...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)