Accelerated Maths? (1 Viewer)

omniscience

HSC
N/A
Who here does it?
i accelerated in 6 unit maths and topped the state in it.

only person who came close to that is gilles gardam who topped 4 unit maths in yr 11, lucky bastard.

Bisu

HSC
Can someone please explain to me how Aquawhite is doing accelerated 2unit and 3unit maths when on July 21st, 2008, he asked what an accelerated subject was?

I hear a lot of people on the forums speaking of accelerated Mathematics Ext 1/2 etc.... I don't really know if my school offers them! What is required in these courses... well what are they?
What is the difference between an accelerated course and the normal one? Does the accelerated one go faster, lol?
Please, I need help as I am making my subject selections....
That was on July 21st, 2008 posted by Aqua

So..that means he somehow just finished his prelim
and is going on to do hsc this year...wtf?

And the part in bold..srsly..wtf?

TROLL and/or FAKE

Schoey93

HSC
He's not a fake. He's one of my contacts on MSN. But hey - this is the internet! He could be a 55 year old female neurosurgeon living in London! Or the Queen of England for that matter!

What's to say you're not a fake? And you don't know that I'm not a fake [I'm not].

James

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
i did it but changed schools so couldn't continue =[[.

all the others who went through and did their hsc this year instead of next went really well and are really relieved to have three units out of the way.

it does have a high drop out rate though. at the beginning of year nine [we did year nine &ten in the one year] there were thirteen of us and only six completed the whole program, due to not being able to cope or moving schools.

Bisu

HSC
He's not a fake. He's one of my contacts on MSN. But hey - this is the internet! He could be a 55 year old female neurosurgeon living in London! Or the Queen of England for that matter!

What's to say you're not a fake? And you don't know that I'm not a fake [I'm not].

James
Even if he isn't a fake..

He's still a spamming liar

omniscience

HSC
N/A
fuck you are stupid.

you can accelerate a subject in just one year if you are bloody good enough.

I can honestly say that you can do it. My friend perrsonally did it and topped SDD (2005) in the state.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
fuck you are stupid.

I can honestly say that you can do it. My friend perrsonally did it and topped SDD (2005) in the state.
yeah, our whole school does it for 2unit maths.

Bisu

HSC
fuck you are stupid.

]

He didnt even know what acceleration was until 6months ago..
and he just happens to then go straight onto HSC Maths?

Also, Timothy, I doubt your whole school just skipped the preliminary maths and went straight onto HSC..

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
i never sed we skipped preliminary, we just finish the whole 2unit course in 3 terms (or less)

Bisu

HSC
i never sed we skipped preliminary, we just finish the whole 2unit course in 3 terms (or less)
Okay..my bad..

but what I'm saying is that towards the end of July, he didn't even know what acceleration was (he even said he didnt know if the school offered it)..

I won't bother listing my subject selections that i want to make for year 11/12 because you can see them in my signature... But there is a problem. I have 14 units. I attend a catholic school so Studies of Religion I is compulsory... Most students have 13 units because they choose everything then add the SOR I onto their list.

I really only have 14 units because of the extension I mathematics.... Some students have been saying that I will struggle with 14 units though. i don't feel that it is necessary to drop any of the subjects in my signature... so what should I do.

Will I be able to cope with 14 units? I am placed about 2nd in the year and would love to do the subjects I have chosen...</SPAN>
That just implied he was doing it for preliminary..

yeah.....generally you start the accelerated course in year 10.....so its a little late for you....but you might as well ask....</SPAN>
Thanks for all the help... I probably won't choose to do the accelerated course even if the school offers it, because I am aiming for such a high UAI and I would love to aim even higher... :)</SPAN>
Everything just contradicts..

Okay..so he doesnt know whether he can fit accelerated maths in his timetable till the end of the year..so that gives him about 10weeks to finish the preliminary content over the holidays..

10 weeks to do prelim for 2u and ext. 1? and then go on to do hsc?
i dont think so

However..it is possible so let's just see if he can do this Year 11 Ext. 1...

a) The graph of a polynomial function y = P(x) cuts the x-axis at x= -2/3 and touches the x-axis at x=3 and x=-4. The curve also passes through the point (0,36). Find the equation of the curve.

b) The curve y=[(ax+b)^2)(c-x)] cuts the x-axis at 3 and touches the x-axis at x= 2 1/4. Find the values of a, b and c.

Also, note tat he has never attempted to help anyone with year 11 maths questions. I understand he doesnt have to, but the amount of posts he make in each thread would make it highly unlikely.

This is my case, and everyone here on BOS in their infinite pearls of wisdom now have the decision to form their own conclusions.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
a) The graph of a polynomial function y = P(x) cuts the x-axis at x= -2/3 and touches the x-axis at x=3 and x=-4. The curve also passes through the point (0,36). Find the equation of the curve.

b) The curve y=[(ax+b)^2)(c-x)] cuts the x-axis at 3 and touches the x-axis at x= 2 1/4. Find the values of a, b and c.
a) 1/9(3x + 2)(x - 3)2(x + 4)2

b) the (ax + b)2 is where the double root is, so ax + b is with 2 1/4. c - x goes with 3.

its easy to see c = 3

ax + b is also 4x - 9,

so a = 4, b = -9 and c = 3

and the equation is y = (4x - 9)2(3 - x)

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
and @ Bisu, why do you care so much if this guy is or is not doing accelerated mathematics!!! Even if he is lying, how would that possibly affect you! What do you want out of this thread? To attack this guy or to see who is accelerated in mathematics!

I can tell you, there are quite a few accelerants on bos. Many selective schools have maths acceleration programs, where they put the top maths students into a class and they learn 2 years of stuff in a year (9 + 10 usually). Some other get tallented students who get skipped up a year in maths.

Are u accelerated? Do you want to be?

omniscience

HSC
N/A
a) 1/9(3x + 2)(x - 3)2(x + 4)2

b) the (ax + b)2 is where the double root is, so ax + b is with 2 1/4. c - x goes with 3.

its easy to see c = 3

ax + b is also 4x - 9,

so a = 4, b = -9 and c = 3

and the equation is y = (4x - 9)2(3 - x)
you must have accelerated like 2 years early, kid.

good to see some action from younger kids.

pity that you won't be able to do philo in few years to come, my class was the 2nd last group and this year will apparently be the last.

jet

Banned
HSC
I don't see why you care.

I did accelerated maths in a non-selective Catholic school. I was the first accelerant ever there, and I started Prelim August-ish 07 and finished prelim at the end or term 3, so if I can do it, your guy can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)