Acceptance (1 Viewer)

Mud

HSC
Hey guys,*

I'll just get to the point this time haha,well, I received an ATAR of 91.35, as stated on my other post. I was wondering what are my chances of getting into B of engineering (material science and engineering) / B of Commerce at UNSW. After the HSC plus bonus scheme that UNSW offers I will be on 95.35, falling short by 1 point, is it still possible for me to be accepted into this course? Thanks guys, as always any responses will be greatly appreciated. :)

Alkanes

HSC
Depends on supply and demand. But the situation seems unlikely if u don't have any other means of other bonus points such as EAS. Why don't you do engineering first as you'll make it for sure and try and transfer to eng/comm if you still want it. Reason being, you won't be able to do any commerce courses until at least 2nd year so it doesn't matter if you don't make it in first time round.

D94

HSC
N/A
Despite that cut-off being the 2013 cut-off, I doubt the cut-off for 2014 will move down by 1 ATAR point. The last time it was below 96 was in 2009, so I think it's reasonable to assume the 2014 cut-off will be at least 96 and that the supply/demand has not changed.

You should still put that as your first preference, then put Engineering as second since you will almost certainly receive an offer for that. After your first year, you should apply for an internal transfer, for which you will require a WAM of at least 75. Internal transfers are simple, provided you have the WAM requirement.

Mud

HSC
Sorry, one more question. How hard is it to achieve a 75 WAM? In the following Science(adv science)/arts , Materials & engi , and Info systems? To ensure a smooth transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)