Accg 250 vs Accg251 and ACST201 vs Busl250 (1 Viewer)

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to find out if theres any difference between accg250 and accg251 from peoples experiences. there was a thread about this before but it was in 2006, so was just wondering if anything has changed over the years.

As well for acst201 and busl250, is there anyone who would know which one would be easier to do in terms of difficulty? because i am planning to do 3 subjects whilst working full time next semester and i am not quite sure about this workload.

thanks in advance :)

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
I believe there is almost no difference between ACCG250 and 251....same textbook, assessment, and similar structure for the final, which are cases on ethics, SDLC, control....

Really, there is no diff. between those two units I'd say. I'm doing ACCG251 this sem and its just theories and case studies. really boring unit, the only topic that interested me was ethics. by the way the lecturer (brett) is really good. dunno about the lecturer for 250 though.

and between acst201 and busl250...you know busl250 is compulsory if you are doing Bcom degree right? anyway, busl250 is easy. its easy with ordinary 3-hour exam, and easier when its take home assessment since you can answer the questions with your friends.

Do acst201 if you are more of a maths person..acst201 is also one of the easiest 200-level elective.. but no matter what subject you do, if you spend a decent amount of time each week then you will do well. i've seen ppl who work full time and get good grades and ppl without any job fail non-stop. its just how you manage your time...hope this helps

Last edited:

bukwow

I am a Banana
HSC
ahh thanks =], yeah i know busl250 is compulsory and acst201 isn't but i was planning to do acst201 as a 2nd yr elective and might do busl250 during summer school.

i would say im more of a maths person as well and thus leaning more towards acst201, but im not too sure how much maths is involved as compared to acst101, as well as the fact that im not really an essay person if busl250 requires more writing...

any more feedback would be appreciated =]

shhy8029

HSC
N/A
this is just my opinion and what i'd do if i was in your shoes...don't take it for granted :D ..I'd do both acst and busl(250, that is) during normal semesters, and save your summer school for busl301 or 320..that way for right now you can work full time and do a less hard unit and increase your chance of getting better marks.

and ACST201 will also help you when you do ACCG253...some topics somewhat similar..

by the way i have ACST201 in-class test and solution..i can send them to you if you want? see what its like.. :apig:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)