• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

accg101 (1 Viewer)

reeya

HSC
hey does anyone know the structure of the exam ? main focus ? anything not being examined ?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
if u went to the last lecture then all the hints were given :p
otherwise, check webct for information
20mc most likely to be theory based
6 pratical questions (check the marks for ya self to see how u gonna allocate your time efficiently, OMG i'm soo into ECON...>.<)
hope tat helps :p

steveagle

HSC
Well ill be damn, theres a maq forum on bos. Ive been browsing here a couple times and this is the first time ive come across it.

Its 1.22am now, just goes to show how hard im studying. screwed!

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
6 pratical questions (check the marks for ya self to see how u gonna allocate your time efficiently, OMG i'm soo into ECON...>.<)
hope tat helps :p
how do you know whats what? like for B1, B2 and whaterver ... what are they? i remember B1 is cashflow statements, and B6 is depreciation... but i dont remember the rest :S ...does it say somewhere?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
steveagle said:
Well ill be damn, theres a maq forum on bos. Ive been browsing here a couple times and this is the first time ive come across it.

Its 1.22am now, just goes to show how hard im studying. screwed!
lol. mate i've been up since the last msg i posted :p

i remember there was a question where you had to schedule out the running of a bussiness or something like that. didnt exactly need accounting knowledge as such, but common sense (that is if i did it correctly)

steveagle

HSC
pb said:
how do you know whats what? like for B1, B2 and whaterver ... what are they? i remember B1 is cashflow statements, and B6 is depreciation... but i dont remember the rest :S ...does it say somewhere?
Yeahs thats right. He said he would post it up soon but ill write it down for you anyways

20 MC based on chapters 16, 23, 24, 25

B1 SCF (25marks)
B2 Ratio Analysis
B3 Accounts Receivable
B4 Inventory Evalution
B5 Statement of financial position/performace (5 marks i think)
B6 Depreciation of n-c assets/revaluation of n-c assets

Thats it really. Mind you i was in a hurry to leave so i didnt get to take down the marking for each but he'll post it all up soon im sure.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
ooo thanks
the marking is on the site though

B1 /25
B2 /10
B3 /10
B4 /15
B5 /5
B6 /15

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
it seems like liability chapter is not in there...but better study for it incase something pop up in the MC
oh and those part B questions, is it purely pratical or there maybe questions ask we to explain or interpret?

steveagle

HSC
He never mentioned whether it would be practical or theory but i would assume that most of it would be practical. However something like Ratio analysis you would have to explain it as Susan mentioned that we wouldnt really need to memorise the ratio formulas. So to answer your question probably both.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
steveagle said:
He never mentioned whether it would be practical or theory but i would assume that most of it would be practical. However something like Ratio analysis you would have to explain it as Susan mentioned that we wouldnt really need to memorise the ratio formulas. So to answer your question probably both.
thx steve, that helps
so anyone started revising this unit?

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Starting 1b now *dozing off*

ahhhh want to scream. aaaahhhhhhhh.

I find the first week's lecture- Allowance for B.D/Receivables chapter very ambiguous!

thank God he's nice enough to tell us explicitly which chapters will be included though.

Chris = :cool: Like him.

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
i started then stopped cuz its too hard... i spent soooo long on it and got nowhere so i had to move on to econ. *sigh*... im scared lol.... webct makes it sound like everyones gonna fail. they're already telling us how to re-enrol and stuff :|

reeya

HSC
steveagle said:
20 MC based on chapters 16, 23, 24, 25

B1 SCF (25marks)
B2 Ratio Analysis
B3 Accounts Receivable
B4 Inventory Evalution
B5 Statement of financial position/performace (5 marks i think)
B6 Depreciation of n-c assets/revaluation of n-c assets

so according to this theres no accounting for liabilities, revenues &expenses, reporting entities ??? AWESOME ! thanx steveagle, i hope ur right though

wats ratio analysis ? chp 25 ?

ReaveR

HSC
steveagle said:
..we wouldnt really need to memorise the ratio formulas...
From what I remember last year, you don't have to memories the ratios themselves but how to use/interpret them.

steveagle

HSC
Yeah thats what the lecturer pretty much said

reeya said:
so according to this theres no accounting for liabilities, revenues &expenses, reporting entities ??? AWESOME ! thanx steveagle, i hope ur right though

wats ratio analysis ? chp 25 ?
What i posted up the other day was what was posted in the last accg lecture so i cant be blamed for anything :p

And yes ratio analysis is chapter 25, page 1008.

edit: You can check on webct, hes posted up pretty much the same thing regarding whats in the test

Last edited:

The_Adonis

HSC
It'd be different this year wouldn't it to last year? Because Searchfield is taking it?

And from what I was reading in the old thread, there was liabilities recognition? which appears not to be examined this year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)