ACCG250 in 2012? (1 Viewer)

taikee

HSC
N/A
I realize there are threads about ACCG250 but those were in 2009 and I wonder if anything changed?

Can anyone with experience tell me how it was?

I also remember hearing that Matthew Mansour will take part / lecture in this unit as well, am I correct? Who's the LIC?

Thanks in advance.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I realize there are threads about ACCG250 but those were in 2009 and I wonder if anything changed?

Can anyone with experience tell me how it was?

I also remember hearing that Matthew Mansour will take part / lecture in this unit as well, am I correct? Who's the LIC?

Thanks in advance.
I think he will, but I'm not 100% anymore.

I had a conversation a little while ago with him about the subjects he'll be taking in 2012. All I can remember is that ACCG355 was on the cards for sem 2 apparently.

Best lecturer/tutor ever.

Last edited:

taikee

HSC
N/A
Yeah I know, he is very well liked. Upon browsing some of the older ACCG250 threads, a lot mentioned how it's a lot of reading and the finals was a lot of work, leading to a fail rate of 30-40%.

From experience with Matthew's classes, he has excellent lecture notes and was never into heavy reading... so I was wondering if a lot has changed from the older ACCG250, and whether he teaches most of the lectures or if he's just a guest lecturer for 2 or 3 times.

Last edited:

blackrider89

HSC
Yeah I know, he is very well liked. Upon browsing some of the older ACCG250 threads, a lot mentioned how it's a lot of reading and the finals was a lot of work, leading to a fail rate of 30-40%.

From experience with Matthew's classes, he has excellent lecture notes and was never into heavy reading... so I was wondering if a lot has changed from the older ACCG250, and whether he teaches most of the lectures or if he's just a guest lecturer for 2 or 3 times.
Mr. Mansour no longer takes over ACCG250?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Quickbooks assignment was ridiculous. They bring a contractor in to mark them. Very harsh marker.

quan_nguyen3011

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, any ideas why ACCG251 is not offered this year? And is there still Quickbooks assignment for ACCG250 this semester?

F2001

HSC
Hey guys, any ideas why ACCG251 is not offered this year? And is there still Quickbooks assignment for ACCG250 this semester?

Assignment2 was a case studies (ERP) - SAP ERP and CanadaPost's experience/achievements going through it's implementation. You had to research and answer some very basic questions.
The first assignment was split into 4 parts of simple and broad questions/definitions/recommendations with a 2k word limit.

It seems it has gone really downhill without Matt's involvement. I remember one of the questions in the 1st assignment was something like:
blabla is a retail chain with stores throughout California using 15 year old something systems, recommend an upgrade for them.

With a word limit, the question was ridiculously broad let alone no tutor, lecturer would pose such a question in a ISYS or COMP unit. I decided to stuff it and use some academic papers as sources to highlight why it is almost certain any recommendation provided will lead to project failure (301 helped with this, luckily). But being an accounting course primarily, just be narrow minded and think alike, you'll get easy marks.
That was right after they taught the SDLC as well. System analysis anybody?

There were no diagrams in the final exam, I think this is what caused a lot of grief in prior semesters, shame they took it out.

The unit is a big let down imo. I came away with basically no knowledge gained from what I already knew as would be the case for most B IT students.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)