ACCG310 final exam (1 Viewer)

Squarehead

HSC
N/A
Hello fellow accounting students. Exams is luring around the corner and i am stressed no doubt. I was wondering if anyone could give some useful hints about last semester's accg310 final exam, or just past exams. I was told that lecture examples are important, and stupid me missed out on a few of the lectures and dont even have full lecture examples.

Thanks in advance, i'd appreciate any helpful hints.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
I don't do accg310 yet so I can't give you hints, but I had to comment on how fantastic your username is. Lol.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I missed out on a few lectures too, which really makes things a bit more difficult.

I've studied four topics today, briefly and in no great detail. I plan to spend an entire day on consolidation start to finish

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I know eh...I was obsessed with Supras when I was in High School, but tastes mature with age ;)

I switched from Actuarial yonks ago to do Accounting and Finance, like so many failed actuaries before me :p

I was interested in the CFA or either the CA, whatever my prospective employer will support. I don't want to do CFA by myself though, so am hoping for a few friends to study at the same time as me. I don't have the dosh neither.

From the looks of that article it'd be insane!

"They also say it’s like having someone repeatedly run over your foot in a car – it feels great when it stops."

Squarehead

HSC
N/A
four topics is fantastic, considering there's 7 practical questions. im having some trouble with equity accounting and the business combination crap. wonder what the other consolidation question might be on...probably IMI.

Im so gonna fail.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Squarehead said:
four topics is fantastic, considering there's 7 practical questions. im having some trouble with equity accounting and the business combination crap. wonder what the other consolidation question might be on...probably IMI.

Im so gonna fail.
hey mate what do you mean four topics?

IMI is a bitch

Squarehead

HSC
N/A
i mean it's great that you've gone through 4 topics in one day. i can't even manage one topic in one day haha.

Do you happen to have lecture example solutions to week 2 share issue? or week 10's company reorganisation?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Squarehead said:
i mean it's great that you've gone through 4 topics in one day. i can't even manage one topic in one day haha.

Do you happen to have lecture example solutions to week 2 share issue? or week 10's company reorganisation?
oh lol sorry mate I misunderstood you. I thought you meant that we may only need to study four topics ;) That woulda been sweet!! Yeah I;m not going through them in detail.

All I'm doing is reading through the lectures and tutes. I have a strong feeling the 25mark consol question is the same as the class test, and example 4 from lecture 8. Maybe some different eliminations perhaps.

The other consol I have no idea about.

I'm missing the same lecture example solutions!!!! So I'm missing week 2, week 10 and week 11. Makes studying quite hard.

I reckon the theory question may come from week 1. Which is stupid.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
shhy8029 said:
Is accg310 much harder than accg200?
Haven't had the pleasure of 200 (doing it next semester), however I have heard that 310 is one of the most difficult ACCG units. 200 Level subjects tend to be easier.

ACCG329 is the spawn of the devil

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Yeh the second consol will probs def be an IMI question similar to the
in class test.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
I think in 06 they didn't ask IMI at all.

How are you guys preparing for it?

Are you guys on top of the MI and IMI stuff? I didn't bother learning it (read: could not cram that in one day) and just did the eliminations and a couple of the MI calcs and got 26/35. I don't know if I can pull that off again in a final

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Squarehead said:
how do you know kabeio? lol
Well rly lol..what else is there to ask? It's not like Stephen is going to ask
two DMI q'ns.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Supra said:
I think in 06 they didn't ask IMI at all.

How are you guys preparing for it?

Are you guys on top of the MI and IMI stuff? I didn't bother learning it (read: could not cram that in one day) and just did the eliminations and a couple of the MI calcs and got 26/35. I don't know if I can pull that off again in a final
Working out RP is the most annoying part..having to adjust everything..and if u leave out a little thingit screws up everything :p

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Supra said:
Haven't had the pleasure of 200 (doing it next semester), however I have heard that 310 is one of the most difficult ACCG units. 200 Level subjects tend to be easier.

ACCG329 is the spawn of the devil
No no..accg200 = the devil.

Squarehead

HSC
N/A
One last push today. I still have a few topics i havent touched yet, like impairment and share issues but will just go through class test questions and lecture notes and hopefully it will get me though. wait who am i kidding, i dont even have the lecture solutions for those weeks lmao. Don't think i'd have time to revise the theory question.

Goodluck guys!!!

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Yeh theory question is going to be difficult..stephen even said it would be
in the lecture :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)