ACCG353 - Hard ?? (1 Viewer)

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
What is the requirement to pass this subject? group assignments ? presentations ? quizzes?

Do you guys think it's a hard subject ?

Is this subject largely base on ACCG253?

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
it would be a step up from 253 (obviously) from what i've seen of it - its a very very interesting subject if you are pursuing a career with anything to do with finance.

rawfromearth

HSC
N/A
Thanks. I think i have to catch up ACCG253 in this semester and take ACCG353 next sem. As I deferred uni for nearly 3 years, it would be hard time for me to start studying again. :)

Any group assignments of ACCG353?

ReaveR

HSC
It's a bit of a step up from 253. Assessment consists of one individual assignment and two in tutorial presentations. The final I sat consisted of infinately pedantic questions and personally I felt that the amount of stuff we had to learn was just huge. Luckily though they let us bring in a cheatsheet (handwritten only).

If you PM me your email I can send you all the resources I have for it (won't let me upload it here cos it's too big)

Last edited:

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ReaveR said:
It's a bit of a step up from 353. Assessment consists of one individual assignment and two in tutorial presentations. The final I sat consisted of infinately pedantic questions and personally I felt that the amount of stuff we had to learn was just huge. Luckily though they let us bring in a cheatsheet (handwritten only).

If you PM me your email I can send you all the resources I have for it (won't let me upload it here cos it's too big)
Hi hi...can u send me ur resources too la...heaps thx ^^

CloudStrife

HSC
anyone have last year's accg353 unit outline that they're willing to send out? i'm interested in this course, but not sure how hard it is.

*SARU*

HSC
N/A
Hi guys!!

I am just thinking about which unit to add for coming semester.

Ive decided to take
ECON311(ive heard this unit is hard so i wanna kill it at the first place)
ECON360
ECON303
+
something from ECON 233, ACCG353, ECON335 or ECON 359

Since ive done ACCG253 last semester so i am thinking it is better to take ACCG353 before i actually forget about ACCG253 lol

PS:I will PM you for the resource package.Thanks heaps, ReaveR :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
352 is the one you do after 329? if so i'd say yeah it probably is.

havy

HSC
It seems like pre 2004, in term of difficulty, 352>329>353.

however nowdays some students suggest that the new 353 lecturers have increased the unit's difficulty....maybe now its 352=353>329???

hav anyone done these 3 units in the last 2 yrs?? if so can you plz clarify which ones are the easiest? you can assume that we all enjoyed accg253...

ps. Reaver's notes are awesome! thx buddy:D

Last edited:

havy

HSC
based on Reaver's notes it seems that 353 course materials aint too hard...but are the exams challenging?

i'm asking this because when i was studying 253, one of the lecturers (maybe thomas?) said that he has put a few things in the final to "stir things up", and he also did similar things in 353. So i just wonder if the course contains any nasty surprises...especially in final exam?

*SARU*

HSC
N/A
Havy, r u saying 329 is easier than 353? My mate suggested me that 329 is hard.(he passed tho) i have now enrolled into 353 this semester, getting scared :worried:

havy

HSC
They are just rumors floating around...I'm not really sure, that's why I'm asking others about it. Maybe 353 is getting harder, but still not as hard as 329.

ReaveR

HSC
Hey Cloud I've attached last years outline.

I just did 329 last semester and I definitely found it easier than 353.

In 329 the lecturer will go through crappy proofs and nobody will understand anything but the exam is relatively straightforward and nothing unexpected came out of it. It also helps that the final is based only on material after the midsem (week seven onwards I think). In the end, I quite liked it.

In 353, the only lecturer I liked was Mehdi and in the other two were so shocking I ended up not attending. I don't want to be slack to disabled people but Ed's disability seriously inhibits his ability to teach and make good slides. And Toomas was just crap.

The textbook was also crap. Pages and pages of proofs just put me off the whole subject altogether. This was the main reason I didn't like it - 800 pages full of demotivating crap. In retrospect if you just apply yourself consistently you'll be fine. I didn't do this and I nearly failed so um, don't follow my example.

By the way Saru, maybe it's too late but have a look at Econ335. I haven't done it myself but my friends have and it's apparently one of the easier subjects. The final is pick 3 questions from 9 essays and it seems to be about microfinance which is all the rage these days.

Last edited:

*SARU*

HSC
N/A
from the first lecture, i found the first lecture easy since i covered utility function and neo classical consumer theory(+ extension of its theory) in the ECON201.
but i cant estimate the rest of unit.

it is off topic, but what i concern now is that ECON 311 is way harder than what i was expected.but i will stick to my initial plan :p
so this semester im taking ACCG353 ECON311 ECON 303 ECON360
Thanks for a help to choose the units!!

this is the unit outline for this semester, and thanks for the package, ReaveR :)

Last edited:

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
anyone know when the consultation times are for 353?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)